History

Brookmans Park Newsletter
content created by the community for the community
www.brookmans.com


Home

Adverts
Business Directory
Calendar
Environment
Facebook
Forum
Gallery
History
Information
Links
News Archive
Twitter
Walks

Feedback

About us
Contact Us
Copyright
Cookie policy
Editorial policy
Forum agreement
Privacy policy


Served by
the Positive Internet Company
Positive Internet


North Mymms Pictures From The Past

Chapter Eight - Little Heath

Christ Church, Little Heath Motor cycle race
Christ Church, Little Heath, part of the civil parish of North Mymms. It was part of the ecclesiastical parish of North Mymms until 1894 when Queen Victoria's Order in Council approved the formation of Little Heath as a separated ecclesiastical parish. The Rev. J. Consterdine was first Vicar. c1920.
The above illustration appeared in the magazine 'The Motor Cycle' dated June 1, 1911. The article which followed detailed the course through the grounds of Brookmans Park which Mr H.L. Gaussen, the owner, kindly threw open to the motor cycle section of the Herts County A.C.
Folly Arch Folly Arch
Folly Arch, built about 1740 may have been designed by the famous architect James Gibb (1682-1754)
This was taken from Folly Arch and led up to Gobions. The trees were felled during World War II c.1920
Little Heath stores Swanley Bar Crescent
Little Heath stores, Hawkshead Road (previously Pond's Stores). Now a private residence. c.1960.
Mr Barnes roundsman of Cobb's the bakers delivering in Swanley Bar Crescent 1961.
Little Heath School c.1912 Little Heath School c.1912. Infants three front rows, juniors back rows. Teachers: Miss Sammon (left) and Florence Hill (right).


North Mymms Pictures From The Past - Index
Chapter One - Welham Green
Chapter Two - Transport
Chapter Three - North Mymms Park
Chapter Four- Water End
Chapter Five - Public Houses
Chapter Six - Brookmans Park
Chapter Seven - Landmarks
Chapter Eight - Little Heath
Chapter Nine - Farming
Chapter Ten - Bell Bar
Chapter Eleven - People of North Mymms
Chapter Twelve - Marshmoor

Note: ‘North Mymms Pictures From The Past’ is a collection of more than 100 old photographs compiled by the North Mymms Local History Society and published in a new book in October 2002. The society says it is indebted to the following for the use of their photographs. The late Hugh Baddeley and Joan Baddeley, Lilian Caras, the late Pat Clarke, the late Dick and Dorothy Colville, Paul Jiggens, Bill Killick, Ron Kingdon, Joan Knight, Frank H. Meads, Bill Nott, the late George Knott, Margaret A Palmer, Colling Turner, Ron Warner, Ken Wright and the North Mymms Cricket Club. The 62-page book was sold out six weeks after being published.

Search this site or the rest of the Internet
This site The Internet
Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0