History

Brookmans Park Newsletter
content created by the community for the community
www.brookmans.com


Home

Adverts
Business Directory
Calendar
Environment
Facebook
Forum
Gallery
History
Information
Links
News Archive
Twitter
Walks

Feedback

About us
Contact Us
Copyright
Cookie policy
Editorial policy
Forum agreement
Privacy policy


Served by
the Positive Internet Company
Positive Internet


North Mymms Pictures From The Past

Chapter Ten - Bell Bar

Lower Bell Farm Bell Lane
Lower Bell Farm, Bell Lane. A grade II listed building, c.1930. The earliest part was built in 1540.
Bell Lane, Bell Bar hamlet, c.1910.
Bell Bar Stores The Old Bakery
Bell Bar Stores June 1962. At the corner of Bulls Lane, now a private residence.
The Old Bakery, Bell Bar, at the corner of Bulls Lane, c.1880.
Bell Bar Mission Iron Room and Mission Hall
Bell Bar Mission Christmas play 1937.
Iron Room and Mission Hall, Bell Lane, c.1950. Originally licensed in 1878 for church services and prayer meetings, which were held up to 1939. Then used as a vehicle store. Now a renovated and privately owned residence.
Aerial view of Bell Bar in 1948 Aerial view of Bell Bar in 1948. The Great North Road is in the foreground with the Cock O' The North on the left. Bell Lane runs vertical with Bulls Lane the turning on the right running horizontally. Brookmans Park Golf Club is in the background.


North Mymms Pictures From The Past - Index
Chapter One - Welham Green
Chapter Two - Transport
Chapter Three - North Mymms Park
Chapter Four- Water End
Chapter Five - Public Houses
Chapter Six - Brookmans Park
Chapter Seven - Landmarks
Chapter Eight - Little Heath
Chapter Nine - Farming
Chapter Ten - Bell Bar
Chapter Eleven - People of North Mymms
Chapter Twelve - Marshmoor

Note: ‘North Mymms Pictures From The Past’ is a collection of more than 100 old photographs compiled by the North Mymms Local History Society and published in a new book in October 2002. The society says it is indebted to the following for the use of their photographs. The late Hugh Baddeley and Joan Baddeley, Lilian Caras, the late Pat Clarke, the late Dick and Dorothy Colville, Paul Jiggens, Bill Killick, Ron Kingdon, Joan Knight, Frank H. Meads, Bill Nott, the late George Knott, Margaret A Palmer, Colling Turner, Ron Warner, Ken Wright and the North Mymms Cricket Club. The 62-page book was sold out six weeks after being published.

Search this site or the rest of the Internet
This site The Internet
Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0