History

Brookmans Park Newsletter
content created by the community for the community
www.brookmans.com


Home

Adverts
Business Directory
Calendar
Environment
Facebook
Forum
Gallery
History
Information
Links
News Archive
Twitter
Walks

Feedback

About us
Contact Us
Copyright
Cookie policy
Editorial policy
Forum agreement
Privacy policy


Served by
the Positive Internet Company
Positive Internet


North Mymms Pictures From The Past

Chapter One - Welham Green

Watersplash Paine's Cottage
Watersplash, Station Road, 1903. Originally known as Water Cross.
Paine's Cottage and barn, Station Road, 1958. Built by Nash Bros. as tied cottages for Potterells Farm, has since been replaced by houses.
Building workers, Mimwood c 1910 Anne Nash at Skimpans c 1916
Nash's Corner 1900. Trees were stored on the green by Nash Bros. to weather for coffin making.
Same view 1970.
Pancake Hall Cottages Meadow Works, Bulls Lane 1967
Pancake Hall Cottages, Dixons Hill. Demolished 1900s
Meadow Works, Bulls Lane 1967. Factory used by Addo and Polycell. Site sold for housing Meadow Close.
North Mymms Stores Sibthorpe Road 1900
North Mymms Stores, Dixons Hill Road 1927. Closed 1981 and replaced by block of flats - Welham Court.
Sibthorpe Road 1900. Edward Randle in his chair.
Potterells 1900s Welham Antiques, Station Road
Potterells 1900s
Welham Antiques, Station Road, 1974 run by the late Mrs Curley; now a private residence.
Sunnyside Cottages Hatfield Police Force C 1898
Sunnyside Cottages, Dixons Hill Road, 1900s on the corner of Station Road
Saltmarsh Stores, 5 Sibthorpe Road, 1936. Daughter Rhoda with her cat. Now a private house.
North Mymms Post Office Mrs Clary 1868
North Mymms Post Office, Dellsome Lane 1967. The Post Office was originally in Holloways Lane.
Mrs Clary 1868 housekeeper at Potterells (aged 63). Her husband Frederick was the butler.



North Mymms Pictures From The Past - Index
Chapter One - Welham Green
Chapter Two - Transport
Chapter Three - North Mymms Park
Chapter Four- Water End
Chapter Five - Public Houses
Chapter Six - Brookmans Park
Chapter Seven - Landmarks
Chapter Eight - Little Heath
Chapter Nine - Farming
Chapter Ten - Bell Bar
Chapter Eleven - People of North Mymms
Chapter Twelve - Marshmoor

Note: ‘North Mymms Pictures From The Past’ is a collection of more than 100 old photographs compiled by the North Mymms Local History Society and published in a new book in October 2002. The society says it is indebted to the following for the use of their photographs. The late Hugh Baddeley and Joan Baddeley, Lilian Caras, the late Pat Clarke, the late Dick and Dorothy Colville, Paul Jiggens, Bill Killick, Ron Kingdon, Joan Knight, Frank H. Meads, Bill Nott, the late George Knott, Margaret A Palmer, Colling Turner, Ron Warner, Ken Wright and the North Mymms Cricket Club. The 62-page book was sold out six weeks after being published.

Search this site or the rest of the Internet
This site The Internet
Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0