Author Topic: Rats  (Read 4561 times)

Offline Govvy

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Rats
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:48:50 pm »
Last weeks W&H Times reported about increased rat population and I was wondering if anyone has seen any rats around brookmans Park. I saw one on the dirt road inside Chancellors school running along where there is litter along that fence. Scared me to death!

Offline Aidan Winwood

• Opinions on most things
  • Oh pish posh.  Release the Hounds.
    • GamerTrak
  • Expertises:
  • Market Research
  • Corporate Strategy
  • Marketing Comms
  • Video Games (professionally)
Re: Rats
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 12:32:47 am »
I've seen them in the village, and have reported them, but not sure what has come on it.  Welwyn council has always been good with reports of vermin before.

A

Max

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 07:35:55 am »
I think rats have every right to feel a bit hard done by. Nowhere near as common as squirrels, as far as I can see, but no-one complains about squirrels. They need better PR, and should probably consider redesigning their tails. My experience has been that if you don't bother them, they do not bother you.

John_fraser

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 04:41:25 pm »
As a teenager I read the relevant bit of 1984 very late one night. As a result cutting up a rat was the only dissection I actually enjoyed in Biology.

Offline Birch

• Opinions on many things
  • I am God (no really!)
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 02:02:43 pm »
I have/had an active interest in rats (as I used to keep them as pets).  All I have to say is just because you don't see them....doesn't mean they're not there........

I would say they're as intelligent as some cats.....

Offline milkmade

• Opinions on some things
topic about pests
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 01:46:20 pm »
In the last 10days, I've seen rats running around the passage way between the village green and Westlands drive.  there seems to be problem around there.

Offline chicken legs

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 10:27:32 pm »
I have heard that the Welhat recommended pest control company is very, very busy at the moment.  Partly because of the mild winter and more rates surviving.

Offline larrylamb

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 10:16:39 am »
Doesn't help with the less frequent collection of our waste by WHBC and the ongoing flytipping.

It has been said many times before, with the savings made on one public service the pressure then intensifies on another, again department collaboration is required not individual stand alone businesses within the council.

The following users thanked this post: milkmade

Tags: