Author Topic: Georges Wood Road congestion  (Read 20397 times)

John_fraser

Re: Georges Wood Road congestion
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2006, 01:02:14 pm »
then its hypocrisy not to complain about the largest source of envornmental pollution and traffic congestion in the area - Chancellors school.

Maybe if less of the parents drove over sized, space grabbing monster tonka toys there'd be less envornmental pollution and traffic congestion in the area.

Offline mungroo

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2006, 02:32:28 pm »
I have made exactly the same point in the Bramore Green One Way thread

Offline Rocket

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2006, 02:37:13 pm »
I have made exactly the same point in the Bramore Green One Way thread
Speaking of which, motorists are still driving & parking against the NO ENTRY one way :icon_jokercolor:

Offline Peter Hastings

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2006, 08:43:38 pm »
Although it is hard to remember the no entry signs are effective (their having been covered for so long) the system does generally seem to be working and if anything has reduced delay in the school run. Success I would say!

I dont think it was really "carping" about the works traffic in GWR. I think it is just sometimes the road is pretty well blocked by what is in the end a private profit-making enterprise. A public service like a school and in particular a voluntary organisation like the Scouts both get a lot more leeway from me at least. Since there are more applications for similar developments (no 2) , it is just something to keep an eye on. I dont mind kids everywhere but dont want to live in a building site any more than is necessary for a bit of live and let live.

My elder kids went to Owens and they always met and dropped off at South Mimms but it is a desolate place late at night-plenty of room though-something to think about.

Offline peppermint

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2006, 08:45:29 pm »
I cannot understand why BP residents living near Chancellors complain.   Surely you knew there was a school there when you moved in.   The children have to go to school somewhere and they have to get there too.  The traffic "problem"!!! is only for half an hour twice a day.    I am sure none of you were complaining when the value of your houses rose when Chancellors was the first choice in the area.   Perhaps it is sour grapes now that a significant number of Potters Bar parents and children are opting for Mount Grace.   

Offline Peter Hastings

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2006, 08:25:07 am »
Now apart from the large building works we have several people with new drives and conversions. Some builders try to keep neat and tidy and out of the way., some just park in the middle of the road, use the road to dump the rubbish on and grin smuggly at you as you wait patiently for a way through. This is something for the Frontagers Association I think-is there anyone from there on the Forum?

Offline Peter Hastings

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 09:09:10 am »
There are now so many builders' vans and cars all along the road, now joined by dozens of people laying some pipes, it is virtually a one lane road at times. when the tragic accident happened earlier this week, a dozen cars came off the Great North Road into the village and GWR was pretty well blocked for ten minutes, unable to handle the extra traffic. To be fair, the major flat development at the end of the road is not the worst culprit most of the time. (This is a good traffic calming measure however)

Offline Alfred the Great

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2006, 09:33:21 pm »
There will soon be congestion of the drains if the amount of cement slurry going down the gully outside the hoarding is any thing to go by....... :o
Confucius he say "a dog is for life not just for Christmas Dinner"

Offline Rocket

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2006, 10:59:30 pm »
Just wait til they start diging up the pavement around the shops soon.

Offline Peter Hastings

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2006, 08:22:32 am »
What actually are the gas people doing in Brookmans Ave?- can they stop some water leaks while they are down there?

Offline woodman

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2006, 11:08:26 pm »
The lorries are still parking in GWR and Pine Grove, and the junction with the GRN is still very dangerious. The school congestion is not only in the morning and afternoon, it is also in the evenings and also on saturday mornings and sometime even on sundays.

Offline peppermint

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2006, 06:02:55 pm »
Is it congestion or just local people using the facilities and clubs at the school?

Offline woodman

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2006, 08:37:53 am »
mostly school congestion, but the junction with GWR and the GNR is very dangerious, as car come speeding down the GNR and also out of Kentish Drive.

Tags: