Author Topic: New Welwyn Hatfield Forum is modelled on Brookmans.com  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Grant Shapps MP

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
New Welwyn Hatfield Forum is modelled on Brookmans.com
« on: March 03, 2006, 12:30:54 pm »
Hi all,

Inspired by this Brookmans forum, last weekend I set up the Welwyn Hatfield Forum and within just 5 days it has picked up nearly 200 members and is growing by the hour!

It's the exact same format as this forum, even driven by the same software. The rules for posting are also similar, no profanity, etc., but you'll pleased to know that whilst moderating, we're not censoring for free and open debate on any subject, just as long as it is related to Welwyn Hatfield.

In addition, I'm setting up topics for each locality, but I've already let David Brewer know that since Brookmans Park benefits from this outstanding forum, I'll simply point my readers to this forum for issues relating to our village.

You'll find the new forum at http://www.shapps.com/forum and over time I'll be introducing guest moderators to look after specific subjects close to their hearts.

I hope you'll visit and register.

Kind regards,
Grant Shapps MP

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
Re: New Welwyn Hatfield Forum is modelled on Brookmans.com
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 01:46:16 pm »
It's the exact same format as this forum, even driven by the same software. The rules for posting are also similar, no profanity, etc.,

One minor difference between Grant's forum and our one is this paragraph in his forum agreement:

F'rom time to time Grant Shapps will keep you updated on issues you have posted on and other issues of local importance by e-mailing you.'

Note that those are issues of local importance he decides, not you :) Although there is the option to unsubscribe, it may be something you may wish to be aware of before handing over your email address.

James
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 01:48:59 pm by James Bentall »
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:16:49 pm »
In addition, I'm setting up topics for each locality, but I've already let David Brewer know that since Brookmans Park benefits from this outstanding forum, I'll simply point my readers to this forum for issues relating to our village.

I've been in email correspondence with Grant and suggested that he should set up a section for Brookmans Park and North Mymms on his new discussion forum and not simply provide a link to this site, otherwise people who do not use this forum might...

• think he has missed them out
  • think that this site is part of the same political fellowship

This site remains politically independent and not tied to any party and has no political position to promote. To access Grant's new forum and discuss local issues about Brookmans Park and the rest of North Mymms click here. We are fortunate to have a choice of discussion forums where we can debate local issues.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Peter Hastings

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 11:36:21 am »
I have also been in email contact with Grant over his forum because I was concerned that whilst he seems to be open to all local comment he will inevitably have political considerations which dont apply to this site for Brookmans Park. Still imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I am sure many people will use the WH Forum who would not come on "Ours" for Brookmans Park. At least Grant cannot say he is unaware of local concerns and noone can say they cannot reach their MP.

Tags: