Author Topic: Stolen Car  (Read 12721 times)

Offline Marky

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Stolen Car
« on: September 12, 2002, 03:37:58 pm »
In the early hours of Wednesday morning someone broke into my house while my
wife and I were asleep in bed. They stole my work rucksack, laptop, wallet,
digital camera and then our car.

The police said it was a professional job and they were most probably only
after
the car but came across the other stuff while searching for the keys.  
The main reason for this post is to ask if anyone comes across a
beige/brown Addidas rucksack, a black Project bag or even a Niceday A4 book
with lots of notes in then could they please contact me on 07720069179 or
01707644845. It is the note book (which has my name and number written on
the inside) and paper work I'm most interested in getting back as the info
is
important to me but no one else (obviously it would be nice to have the car
back but the police said not to hold out much hope so if you come across a silver Audi S3 Y313RUR let me know).
Thanks
Mark

P.S I only moved to Brookman's Park two months ago and have now found out that all my neighbours have been burgled at some point, I don't know about you but I find it quite concerning.

Offline MC

• Opinions on many things
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Re: Stolen Car
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2002, 04:41:43 pm »
Whereabouts in BP are you?

Offline Marky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2002, 04:58:49 pm »
Bluebridge Avenue

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2002, 05:03:46 pm »
Hello Marky

Sorry to hear your sad tale. This family will certainly keep our eyes open for your possessions in and around the area. You might also like to let Madhu know in the Post Office, as things found in the street sometimes get handed in there. Hope the police manage to get the car back soon, and hope your luck gets better!

Regards, the Anscombes.

Offline steve

• Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2002, 01:16:06 am »
mark

the same thing happened to our neighbours in the lower end of moffats lane. car stolen but recovered.
again while they were asleep. we have been lucky but only cos of noisy dog. my concern was that i have the same car as my neighbour. hope your stuff turns up

steve

Offline Margaret

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2002, 02:20:29 am »
Hello Marky
I'm sorry to hear your bad news not a very good welcome to Brookmans Park. Hope your welcome improves and car and papers are found safe and intact.
Have not heard of any burglaries up this end, could be because its not so easy to get away as on Bluebridge.
Will keep my eyes open.
Best wishes
Margaret

Richard

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2002, 11:52:24 am »
Stolen Car >:(
Hi Marky
I bet you are really annoyed that you have been burgaled. It happens to us all at one satge.

Offline anna

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2002, 03:38:51 am »
I hope it doesn't happen to us all. I think Marky has been very unlucky. I can't imagine completely how you feel, but years ago I had my handbag stolen.  I was upset about the money of course, but my main distress was my diary was in there, and loads of papers. As you say, personal to me, and they couldn't be replaced.

I know many people get annoyed at barking dogs.........but I really believe they are the best alarm system.  In our old house in Potters Bar, our neighbours nearly got burgled but our dog was barking and I went to investigate, saw some outside and called the police.........those neighbours never complained about our dog barking again!!!

Marky, I feel for you and your family. Horrid to think someone can do that whilst you're asleep upstairs.

Offline aqueous transmission

• liquid communication ... simple really
    • digitalblasphemy
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2002, 12:47:27 am »
sorry to hear about the robbery, it's never nice gaving a complete stranger wandering around your house and making with your property. We were burgled twice within the first 3 years of moving to brookmans park back in 1991. first time i was devistated...i was only 7...and they stole my nintendo!  :'( they came in through the back over the side gate while we had building work going on. The second time, they went straight through the front door...but that time, less was stolen.

although generally brookmans is a very safe and friendly place to live...there's always the risk of outsiders, or, god forbid, members of the 'community' (used in it's loosest sence) ruining a cozy and happy home.

hope all is recovered...but it is likely to be nothing short of a miracle if it is...

aqueous
'to obtain a bird's-eye is to turn a blizzard to a breeze'

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2002, 01:35:42 am »
Heres a thought, there are only thieves because people buy stolen goods.
Apart from violent crime, I can think of nothing worse than house breaking, it is rape of ones privacy and security.
I had no idea theft was so prevelant around here. Perhaps we should publish criminal occourances on these pages so that we can all be vigilant.
Lets all keep our eyes open, strangers should stand out like a sore thumb.
I hope the victims get over it as soon as possible.
Another thing that annoys me is yobs bragging about twocking tda etc and the courts treating it like a joke,its a pity it is not called Grand Theft Auto as in the states and treated the same as burglary.
The police have tried hard, but because the government has a down on motorists, the courts do not apply the maximum penalties.
regards,
jet
Who is very angry about it all >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Marky

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2002, 02:49:33 am »
My main reason for this post was to try and make people more vigilant and to try and recover the stolen paperwork that was valuable to me only. Thankfully it seems as if I have acheived one of my objectives and if it stops one more car theft or burglary, it all helps .

Thanks to everyone that has been sympathetic on this post but I will let you know, there will be a burglar alarm installed shortly and I am very tempted to buy a very large, noisy dog!

Mark

Offline Margaret

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2002, 12:28:27 pm »
The man who lives up the road to us had a big alsation that barked at everyone who came near the house but he was making so much noise one evening the owner shut him in the kitchen and they got burgled. Thus proving the point dogs are great if you listen to them. I think most people who complain about barking dogs (including me) are complaining about the ones who bark or yap all day long at everything and anything (like the one that lives in the Shrublands area) most dogs around Brookmans Park seem to be well trained.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 11:40:19 am »
Police have renewed their warning about 'car key burglaries'. They say that in the last month, there have been 29 such incidents in Welwyn Hatfield and five in Potters Bar in the last two weeks. Click here for more details.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 01:44:33 pm »
This issue is being explored further in the Welwyn Hatfield Times this week. Visit WHT Online for more details.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

jrhutch

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2004, 01:59:19 pm »
Crikey, this news is scary; I didn't know the breakins had been such a problem!

Is there any common pattern to how the burglaries are started -- broken window, forced door lock, etc?

Just larger houses hit or smaller flats too, in general?

Other than get a dog and "be vigilant," am wondering what can be done to safeguard against this -- knowledge of how burglaries are being committed might help.

Offline Cassie

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2004, 02:24:01 pm »
Other than get a dog and "be vigilant," am wondering what can be done to safeguard against this -- knowledge of how burglaries are being committed might help.

But it could give the wrong people ideas   :(

jrhutch

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2004, 03:05:45 pm »
Posted by: Cassie Posted on: Today at 11:24am
on May 29th, 2004, 10:59am,
Dr. Snugglebunny wrote:

But it could give the wrong people ideas

Yes, far better to keep quiet and shiver in terror in the cupboard than to talk openly about facts and issues here.   :o

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2004, 06:14:17 pm »
Community police officer Vojislav Mihailovic has just mailed the site asking for a note to be posted reminding people not to leave their car keys on view in their homes.

He says there have been a number of incidents in the area recently where thieves have taken keys to steal cars. Vojislav says it has been happening in Cuffley too.

Vojislav says that if you have an alarm you should always set it at night and never leave keys near the front door or on kitchen worksurfaces, because that seems to be where thieves head for first and where most people leave them.

Offline falkor

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2004, 01:41:48 am »
Heres a thought, there are only thieves because people buy stolen goods.

jet has a good point

any of you been to a really good car boot sale lately?  :-X

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 09:08:55 am »
The community police officer has contacted this site to let people know of another spate of car theft in the area due to people leaving their keys on show and in accessible places. Click on the picture to find out more.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2005, 07:40:13 am »
Another warning has been issued by police in Hertfordshire ( the second this summer)  following an increase in the number of high value cars being stolen from drives. Apparently, many residents are still making it easy for the thieves by leaving their keys on show. Click here for more details.

Tags: