Author Topic: Rev Leonard Buxton  (Read 2643 times)

RonD

Rev Leonard Buxton
« on: January 15, 2006, 09:16:08 am »
I am doing some research on the Buxton family of Easneye, Ware, Herts. Leonard Buxton, who grew up there, was vicar of St Mary's North Mimms from 1930 to 1944. This site has information about him including a letter he wrote to his parishioners in 1939. Does anyone have a picture of him, please? Also how many children did he have? Any info gratefully received
Thanks
Ron Davies

Offline Jean Hockings

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Re: Rev Leonard Buxton
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 11:27:17 am »
Interested to read your enquiry re Revd Leonard Buxton

As Editor of the North Mymms Parish Magazine I have many of the magazines covering the years of his incumbency, including that of October 1944 in which he takes his leave of North Mymms.

In this letter he records that he was "instituted to this Church and benefice by Bishop Lander on September 25th,1930"

Sadly I am not able to find a photograph of him in the records, nor any reference to his children.

However a quick search on Google did come up with the following - you may of course already have followed this lead.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/gkarmstrong/halgen04.htm#[HBEB]

Good luck in your researches

Jean Hockings

RonD

Re: Rev Leonard Buxton
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 06:45:25 pm »
Thanks for replying, Jean. Yes thanks, I have seen the site you mention. I have a good bit of info about him from Crockfords and elsewhere (I know one of his grand-daughters) and have a picture of him as a boy but not as an adult. Thanks anyway
Ron Davies

Tags: