Author Topic: Pest control and where to get help  (Read 5904 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Pest control and where to get help
« on: July 14, 2005, 06:01:23 am »
The council has set out details for its services for dealing with insect and public health pests over the summer. The service covers a wide range of pests including wasps, rats, mice and cockroaches. Click here for more details
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 06:14:08 am by Editor »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Pest control and where to get help
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 09:46:09 am »
New council pest control costs.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline speerchucker

• Opinions on some things
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 10:00:49 am »
Does anybody have a local pest control firm that they would recommend?  I suspect it is the curse of the pesky squirrels - damn that squirrel nutkin's grey cousin  :-\

Thanks

Offline bootneck

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 03:48:07 pm »
We've had a mass invasion from rats in our area and yet people still through food out for the birds and feeding the rats. can I ask everyone to feed the birds from containers that stop the rars feeding. I have put poison down however.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 03:56:44 pm »
We've had a mass invasion from rats in our area and yet people still through food out for the birds and feeding the rats. can I ask everyone to feed the birds from containers that stop the rars feeding. I have put poison down however.

Rats must be worrying. We have wood pigeons that sit under the feeders and eat anything that drops. I once saw a field mouse a few years back but have never seen any rodents since.   We have grey squirrels, but they have been beaten by our squirrel-proof feeders and have given up.

Offline Peeplins

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 09:52:23 am »
Does anybody have a local pest control firm that they would recommend?  I suspect it is the curse of the pesky squirrels - damn that squirrel nutkin's grey cousin  :-\

Thanks

Speerchucker - I had a problem last year and rang the council.  They arranged for their contractors to visit and lay bait etc.  They will then return at regular intervals to undertake inspection visits.  'Whispers' My problem was a small rat in the house!!!!! - brought in I believe by one of my cats.  Great service and free (as it was a rat)

Offline Aloo

• Opinions on many things
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 10:44:23 am »
Slightly off-topic but pests such as rats and magpies are having a great time each week with the purple sacks dumped opposite China Red in Peplins Way.

The rubbish looks like household stuff, rather than from China Red or any of the shops, and I suspect someone in the flats above the shops has left the rubbish out on the "wrong" day.    Meanwhile in the current windy conditions strewn rubbish is blowing up and down the top end of Peplins/Bradmore.

I've reported it to WHBC/Serco asking them to come and clear up and suggested they advise people living above the shops about the new alternate week collections as clearly not everyone understands the new arrangements.  However if any readers of this post live in the parade above China Red, maybe worth mentioning to neighbours that landfill rubbish is not collected weekly.

Offline milkmade

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 01:47:43 pm »
I would like to inform you that as a resident of the flats we have received a letter from Bob Jewel (wel-hat council) dated 13/4/2011 telling us "Your household will remain on WEEKLY rubbish collection service".  "Please present these sacks IN THE REAR SERVICE ROAD".  Thur. 21st/ thur28/ Fri6th/ Thur12th  etc. >:(

Tags: