Author Topic: Overnight Railway - warning of noise  (Read 1722 times)

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
Overnight Railway - warning of noise
« on: February 10, 2018, 06:08:52 pm »
Just in case any properties close to the railway didn't get a copy of the letter....
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline Colin_H

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Re: Overnight Railway - warning of noise
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 01:46:00 pm »
Is part of this work also putting up a fence? Looks like they are putting in a metal fence next to the track which potentially won't look that great from my garden.

Offline Nimbus

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 03:11:27 pm »
They are doing extensive fencing all along that part of the line I travel frequently - even where you'd think the risk of trespass is quite low, like Potters Bar & Hadley Wood tunnels. It's ugly palisade fencing, the concession to toning down by application of green coating being well offset by shiny vicious 'chariot blade' capping. That'll stop enthusiast photographers poking their lenses over the top!

I have to say it heightens my feeling of a country no longer at ease within itself whenever I travel, but then there have been well-publicised accounts of essential railway cabling being stolen from tracksides, and that is perhaps most likely in just the kind of quietly rural stretches I have noted.

Being a railway model maker with a fondness for the local scene (as was), I must get out and take detailed measurements of the old order before it's too late. Back in 1974, I made quite detailed measurements of Brookmans Park's footbridge.

Offline Nobby

• Opinions on many things
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 04:32:00 pm »
I can think of many better ways to improve the railways than the costly erection of miles of hideous fencing along rural stretches of the line.

Tags: