Author Topic: Hamster, we think  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Gashead

• Opinions on some things
  • Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
Hamster, we think
« on: May 26, 2005, 10:32:48 pm »
22-15 caught a creature in the back garden that looks (in our limited knowledge) like a hamster or other related beast. It seems very tame so I guess it may have escaped from somewhere close (Peplins Way/Bradmore Way). We are happy to keep it temporarily but can ayone let us know if they have lost/know someone who has lost such a beast. Description is basically brown but with an almost complete white "lifebelt" straight round the stomach. Given that we have two cats we will have to ask the vet to take it as they clearly cannot survive together.
Gashead

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Hamster, we think
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 11:11:05 pm »
Can you take a digital picture and post it here Gashead?
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 08:11:31 am »
We've got a spare hamster cage here, let me know if you'd like us to look after the hamster whilst the owner is found.

Mermaid

Offline Gashead

• Opinions on some things
  • Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 09:03:58 pm »
Thanks for responses. Hamster is now at the Village Vet with an advert in the window. One thought is, given how unconcerned it was about complete strangers, perhaps it may have escaped from the school?
Ed - sorry, didn't think to get a picture before it was delivered to the vet. Unfortunately also we are such technical dinosaurs I am not sure we would have managed to post one anyway.
Gashead

Tags: