Author Topic: Major timetable change May 2018  (Read 614 times)

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
Major timetable change May 2018
« on: April 02, 2018, 05:18:19 pm »
The time of EVERY train from Brookmans Park towards London or Welwyn Garden City will be changing on the 20th May. Local residents are strongly advised to check the times of new trains in advance to ensure they get to their destinations in time!

Despite claims of 'massive improvements' claimed by the rail companies, as I have mentioned before we are actually suffering a reduction in service from our station during off-peak times, so I strongly recommend you check! Updated timetables can be found on timetable planners such as

http://www.traintimes.org.uk

or from the rail company's information site at

http://www.railplan2020.com/timetables
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline Nimbus

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Re: Major timetable change May 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 06:25:27 pm »
This of course is all to enable through services to some places south of The River. But as far as I can determine, we're not even provided with any opportunity for a cross platform interchange from our southbound services. The rearrangement of our remaining services may just increase my customary round trip time to the point where I abandon the associated activity.

On the other hand, it's an ill wind etc. Perhaps there will be less daytime parking pressure when drive'n'park commuters discover the service from the Hertford loop is so much better than ours!

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

The following users thanked this post: Angel

Offline Angel

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 07:54:50 am »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 07:09:18 am »
Is there a separate one for weekends?

I couldn't find one. The message on the site states: "In common with other train operators, Network Rail have not yet finished loading the full timetable to journey planners and we continue to support them as they do so. The majority of services are now available via the journey planners. Please sign up for emails for updates."

Unfortunately, the line "Please sign up for emails for updates" didn't have a link, and I was unable to find a link on the site.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

The following users thanked this post: Angel

Tags: