Author Topic: Great time of the year for taking pictures of fungi  (Read 491 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Great time of the year for taking pictures of fungi
« on: October 10, 2017, 05:47:14 pm »
Spotted these today and took a few pictures with my phone. Click on any image to reveal a bigger version and click on again for the full size. These were not taken locally, but I am sure our woods are full of great specimens. Please share any fungi pictures.

The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

The following users thanked this post: Angel

Offline Webman

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
    • Webmech
Re: Great time of the year for taking pictures of fungi
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 09:06:14 am »
What lovely pictures! I particularly like the first one - great composition and subject. Phones are ideal for close-ups and much more portable than normal cameras. Getting this depth of field with anything else would be very tricky - and require lugging 4-5Kg of equipment!

The following users thanked this post: Editor

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Great time of the year for taking pictures of fungi
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:48:02 am »
Getting this depth of field with anything else would be very tricky - and require lugging 4-5Kg of equipment!

Thanks Webman, more luck than judgement, but you are right, my digital SLR sits on the shelf now apart from days when I decide to specifically head off to take pictures. I find the phone is much better for taking shots that don't interrupt the walk - and is easier to carry. Phone camera data for the shot below.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: