Author Topic: Free compost bin for Food Waste Challenge participants  (Read 359 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Free compost bin for Food Waste Challenge participants
« on: July 06, 2017, 04:47:01 pm »
Just signed up for mine, although I'd be happier if they reinstated the collection service for kitchen waste instead and saved the cost of sending out home compost bins. And I just can't see how anyone could throw away 700 worth of food a year. We certainly don't. All we recycle are the inedible parts of fruit and veg. Nothing goes to waste in our house. But happy to take part, especially as we will get a free home compost bin worth 25. It can replace the one I made myself when the council changed the recycling rules. According to the council's site, once you sign up, "Participants will then be sent a goody bag containing useful equipment and tools to help them minimise their food waste as much as possible for the next four weeks."   (Grab of the offer below)

The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

The following users thanked this post: Mermaid, Angel

Offline Nimbus

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Re: Free compost bin for Food Waste Challenge participants
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 10:23:36 pm »
What size compost bin would 25 buy?

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Free compost bin for Food Waste Challenge participants
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 10:28:53 pm »
What size compost bin would 25 buy?

The council site doesn't specify the size, unfortunately. But it does give contact numbers for those wanting to register or find out more. 

You can email contact-whc@welhat.gov.uk or call 01707 35700

Update: I mailed them asking about the size. They replied that someone would get back to me.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: