Author Topic: Watch out for males driving white van and "looking in driveways"  (Read 831 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
From our Facebook page...

The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline peppermint

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Re: Watch out for males driving white van and "looking in driveways"
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 11:21:19 pm »
Last week a silver transit van with the word "Roofing" written on the side in blue reg. no. [number removed for until police release more details - admin] drove slowly past the houses in warrengate road.

It was driven by one slightly larger man with another scrawny man, both of Eastern European appearance. I asked them what they were looking for and he grunted and pointed at his satnav which, incidentally wasn't switched on, and shrugged his shoulders as if to say it had directed them to my house. I suggested to them that they weren't lost but were planning to steal from my garden. As they drove away I got my phone out to take a photo and they panicked and sped off towards the pubs.

I phoned 101 to report them and it would seem a van with the same number plate had already been reported but the number plate was on a green van.

It is possible that the man on the photo is the driver of the van I saw.

If you see them call 101 as the Police are aware of them.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 06:28:15 am by Editor »

The following users thanked this post: Editor

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Watch out for males driving white van and "looking in driveways"
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 06:31:57 am »
Last week a silver transit van with the word "Roofing" written on the side in blue reg. no. [number removed for until police release more details - admin] drove slowly past the houses in warrengate road.

Hi Peppermint, thanks for that. I have removed the reg number from your post until police confirm and circulate it as a suspicious vehicle - just in case there is any confusion with another vehicle. I looked up the number you posted and it does belong to a green Ford Transit, not a silver one. (Details of the search copied below). I will keep an eye out for any police alerts on their Twitter or Facebook page and add it to this thread.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: