Author Topic: Vandalism at the North Mymms Community Centre  (Read 1260 times)

Offline hilarycarlen

• Mother Hen
  • Opinions on some things
  • The secret of life is compost.
Vandalism at the North Mymms Community Centre
« on: April 30, 2017, 04:30:47 pm »
Vandalism at the youth and community centre

-  About 8-12 Litres of brown white and green paint thrown around at the back of the garages,
-  one of the garden benches smeared all over with white paint,
-  paint thrown all over the little shelter behind the garages, across the ground, on the wall, on the floor
-  attempt made (happily unsuccessful) to set light to the second little shelter at the other end of the garden,
-  little fences pulled up
-  garden tools taken - a nice wooden handled fork that I'm very fond of still missing
-  a quantity of slug bait taken up to the top and ?? attempt made to burn it on the fire circle (toxic, bad plan)

I have spent the morning putting everything right - restoring fences, digging out and recovering he areas where there were pools of paint, repainting the little house and the wall behind it, repainting the bench.  If they come back to show their mates what a fun mess they made, their mates will think they've made it up!

Horrible oiks! 
If your child came home spattered in green / white / brown paint, ask them where my fork is!
Better still contact me and I'll come and talk to them and offer them a job to do to make up for the trouble they've caused me (I could do with some young lads or lasses to bag up horse poo from the stable for me....)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:55:22 pm by Editor »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Vandalism at the North Mymms Community Centre
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 05:01:57 pm »
Have separated from the URC thread because it may not be related.

The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Ferdie

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • BP born and bred
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 12:12:19 pm »
Words cannot express the anger I feel towards whoever did this. The Centre is a community asset, run by volunteers, funded by the community through various events and bookings. Much of the garden has been at personal cost to one lady who tirelessly maintains the Centre's grounds for all to enjoy. Please ask around and share this info or Twitter feed. Whoever did it clearly has no concept of the impact this senseless activity causes. If you know who did this, please pm me and we will consider what approach will be taken, potentially this will involve the Police. Arson and vandalism have no place in our village.

Offline larrylamb

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 04:59:06 pm »
Reading on other community boards (London Colney facebook) there has been a increased amount of anti social behaviour and worse in London Colney, apparently the police have been unwilling to intervene despite knowing the individuals involved.

Tags: