Author Topic: Litter Pick and Annual Review Video  (Read 1047 times)

Offline North Mymms Youth Project

• Opinions on some things
  • North Mymms Youth Project
  • Expertises:
  • Running activities for young people aged 9-16
Litter Pick and Annual Review Video
« on: March 04, 2017, 07:04:36 pm »

North Mymms Youth Project will be doing their annual litter pick around the local area next Sat 11th March starting at 2pm in the North Mymms Youth and Community centre carpark.

If any local residents want to come along and help please do so we can provide litter pickers, black sacks and gloves.

Also, if you are aware of any litter 'hotspots' that need clearing (and that would be reasonably safe for kids to do - we won't be tackling the A1(M) grass verges for instance..) please let us know. 01707 444420. Thanks!

If you want to see what the Youth Project got up to last year, you can see our 'review of the video' online at http://www.nmyouth.org.uk/2016/
North Mymms Youth Project
www.nmyouth.org.uk - 01707 444420

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Re: Litter Pick and Annual Review Video
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 09:12:26 am »
The area around BP railway station, the path that runs behind the old bike shed is always littered with rubbish

Offline epiphany

• Opinions on most things
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 12:11:10 pm »
Bradmore Lane has approximately 1,000,000 (give or take) empty Stella cans littering virtually the entire length and extending along Warrengate Road.

What it is about Stella drinkers? I noticed a similar epidemic in Blackhorse Lane, South Mimms recently

Offline Dilbert

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 11:29:35 pm »
Its a great thing to be doing so on behalf of one grateful resident thank you.

I run along Swanland Road and then into Warrengate Road and the litter along both is dreadful (I totally agree with the comment re Stella cans) I have written to Grant and the council asking that they collect the rubbish (lots of fly tipping along Swanland).

I did collect all the recycling along Warrengate by the stables a fortnight ago but there was still loads of litter so that maybe one area you may wish to consider.

Offline epiphany

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 11:42:40 am »

I run along Swanland Road and then into Warrengate Road and the litter along both is dreadful (I totally agree with the comment re Stella cans) I have written to Grant and the council asking that they collect the rubbish (lots of fly tipping along Swanland).

The Parish and Borough boundary is pretty much just south of Hawkshead Lane/Warrengate Road junction, so the entire length of the path alongside Swanland Road leading to South Mimms is actually in the Borough of Hertsmere.

You will need to notify Hertsmere Borough Council and Oliver Dowden MP.

Offline Dilbert

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 01:43:04 pm »
Thanks Epiphany

Offline North Mymms Youth Project

• Expertises:
  • Running activities for young people aged 9-16
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 01:55:28 pm »
We have removed around 40 bags of litter from the local area as well as carpets, several tyres and other dumped rubbish - Bradmore Lane was the worst.

Areas we did included BP Tennis Club carpark, Golf Course Road, Bradmore Way, Peplins Way, BP Station, Bradmore Green, Bradmore Lane, Station Road, Dixons Hill Road, Youth and Community Centre, footpaths in Welham Green, Parsonage Road, Parsonage Lane, Somers Road, Tollgate Road, War Memorial, and various other footpaths around the local area.

Thank you to everyone who turned up to help, and to Serco for agreeing to collect everything we picked up. Would be lovely to see more people from the community coming along to help next year....

North Mymms Youth Project
www.nmyouth.org.uk - 01707 444420

The following users thanked this post: Editor, larrylamb, epiphany, Ratta

Offline epiphany

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 03:00:21 pm »
Fantastic effort  - Well done and thanks to all concerned!!!

Tags: