Author Topic: Festive season refuse collections  (Read 6574 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Festive season refuse collections
« on: December 19, 2004, 09:18:24 am »
Welwyn Hatfield has issued revised collection dates to cover the festive season. Click here for more details
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 09:18:48 am by admin »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

catbirder

Re: Festive season refuse collections
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 12:58:28 pm »
Thanks very much for this, Ed.  In previous years, we've had a card delivered with details of Christmas collections, but not this year.   I was very pleased to find dates here.

Offline shads

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 05:50:31 pm »
i can't believe that there was no collection for 2 weeks.Especially as most families have more rubbish over the festive period than any other time of the year.
No prize for guessing which rubbish bag contains the Turkey giblets..............

Offline Alfred the Great

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 11:19:43 pm »
No prize for guessing which rubbish bag contains the Turkey giblets..............

Presumably the one that's blown up like a balloon really tight!!

But seriously, in the past few Christmases when this has happened, we set up a two bin system, with paper, cardboard, wrappings, etc in one which we can then store inside with no smell, vermin, etc, and the other with the peelings (yes I know we should compost them and we're working on it), cat litter, bones, etc, which can go outside in the dustbin.

I always think it's funny when the council send us their notification of Christmas collections, and end up telling us that the local tip will be open as usual - just trying to get us to do their job!

ATG
Confucius he say "a dog is for life not just for Christmas Dinner"

Offline Alfred the Great

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 05:21:55 pm »
Ha ha, I had to laugh at the letter in the WH Times this week where the chap mentioned the "orks" at the Cole Green dump. I would have said troglodytes but I suppose orks is pretty realistic. Give them an inch of authority and they take a yard, totally OTT.

But what really bugs me about the Cole Green tip is when you queue there for 20 minutes, then find that the thing which is holding you up is an absolute van load of builders' rubble which is of course not allowed there ................

ATG
Confucius he say "a dog is for life not just for Christmas Dinner"

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 06:59:21 pm »
The council has set out the changes for the festive season refuse collections. You might want to make a note. Click for more.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 10:49:43 am »
Details of the refuse collections over the festive period have been released. You might want to make a note of them. Click here for more details.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 10:55:00 am by David Brewer »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 06:55:26 pm »
Welwyn Hatfield has details of the refuse collections and recycling plans for the festive period.  Click here for more details.

David

Offline shads

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 09:41:18 pm »
can't seem to get through to the welhat.gov.uk site , can any one tell me if they know when the rubbish is being collected.
Thanks

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 09:56:54 pm »
Should be collected tomorrow - probably first thing so put your rubbish out tonight !

Tags: