Author Topic: Local Studies  (Read 8167 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Local Studies
« on: May 25, 2004, 02:03:23 pm »
This week, groups of school pupils have again been gathering information about the local environment as part of their local studies projects. This site has a rich collection of local information. All students are free to use anything contained on these pages. Click here for more details.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 02:04:45 pm by admin »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline john

• Opinions on many things
Re: Local Studies
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 03:57:41 pm »
... and which might contribute ideas etc for the PEAP ?

best wishes  -  jrvc

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 07:21:08 pm »
It's that time of the year again. Loads of school children doing their local studies. Well, it's all here on this site. And we've made a special section bringing together all the information you will need. Happy studying. Click here for this site's Local Studies section.

:)
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 06:53:08 pm »
It's local study time again with pupils at local schools working on their projects about local history, geology and the environment. This site has a rich resource of material to help those working on their local studies projects. Click here for more information.

Offline NZer

• Opinions on some things
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 05:36:32 am »
When I was at school (Queen Elizabeth, Barnet) many years ago I did a survey of land use changes in farming since the last map showing land use (pasture or crops etc) had been printed, comparing it with the then (1960) current state of affairs.  I interviewed farmers as to why the changes had ocurred and wrote it up for my A level optional geography paper.  The area I covered was mostly around South Mimms.
Does anyone know what would have happened to such research?  I suppose they may have been thrown out once they had been marked.  It took me many hours to do and would be quite historical now.  I got 90 something % for it so it must have been quite thorough.
Would love to hear from anyone who knows where I could find out if such papers were kept.

Tags: