Author Topic: Aussie writer seeking 1950s Hatfield woman  (Read 3105 times)

koalajmb

Aussie writer seeking 1950s Hatfield woman
« on: May 15, 2004, 05:34:54 am »
I am an Australian writer, living near Melbourne, Victoria. I am trying to find a woman who once worked in North Mimms Hatfield in the 1950s.

About 12 years ago I purchased a little note-book in an antique shop in Maldon - central Victoria, and in it is a hand written "resume" I suppose, of a woman who had worked in North Mimms Hatfield. Her last 2 entries are:

'1958 Started January 7th at Lady Trenchard Abdale House North Mimms Hatfield. Left Oct 18. 1958 - Started 19 October Miss Marshal, Hawkeshead ouse,Hawkeshead Lane Nth Mimms Hatfield. Left 30th ...1962. Going to Australia.'

Please advise who I might contact to try to find this person? I'd appreciate any assistance.

According to the way the entries have been made, I assume Miss Marshal might have been her Superior. As a writer, I'm intrigued and would love to trace the owner of the little notebook, or her family: Perhaps there's an interesting story to be revealed.

Janet Brown
Werribee
Victoria
Australia      

« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 10:34:06 am by admin »

Offline Mallow

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Re: Aussie writer seeking 1950s Hatfield woman
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 03:44:22 pm »
As far as I know the Trenchard family still own Abdale House, Warrengate Road, North Mymms.  I would write to the house and see if anyone can remember this person.

Good luck.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

koalajmb

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 02:38:34 am »
Thank you for that advice: I'll do that.

Offline NMLHS

• Opinions on many things
  • North Mymms Local History Society informant
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 11:16:09 pm »
Lady Patricia Trenchard still lives at Abdale House in Warengate Lane North Mymms.  Whether she would be available to respond I don't know.

Tags: