Author Topic: Vehicle theft and Security in Cuffley  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Aidan Winwood

• Opinions on most things
  • Oh pish posh.  Release the Hounds.
    • GamerTrak
  • Expertises:
  • Market Research
  • Corporate Strategy
  • Marketing Comms
  • Video Games (professionally)
Vehicle theft and Security in Cuffley
« on: February 02, 2012, 01:22:49 pm »
Dear Watch Member,

Following on from a message sent by P.C.S.O 6667 Mark Randall this morning in relation to a Theft of a Car in Tolmers Road, Cuffley this morning, I also wanted to write to you to mention a few points.

During my patrols this morning, only a very short while after this theft, I came across a further two vehicles that were parked on driveways, with their engines clearly running with no one anywhere near the vehicles.

On one occasion it would have been simple for me to have reached into the car and taken the keys or the car without the owner being aware. This is obviously very disappointing to see that local residents are so complacent about their security.

I would also like to remind you, that should your vehicle be stolen because you have left the engine running to warm up and you are not near your vehicle your insurance company will NOT pay out for the crime.

Don't leave yourself out of pocket and without a car this winter, please help us to keep your area safe, it only takes a second for your car to be stolen.  Stay with it at all times when the engine is running.

If you need to reply by email click on my address here: ross.freeman2 [at] herts.pnn.police.uk.

Regards,
Ross Freeman
Police Constable
Neighbourhood Watch
Email: ross.freeman2 [at] herts.pnn.police.uk
Tel: 01707 354192

Tags: