Author Topic: EuroMillones winner!  (Read 3650 times)

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
EuroMillones winner!
« on: August 04, 2011, 01:11:56 pm »
Wow!  A letter from Spain arrived in the mail today advising me that I had won 816,960 Euros in this 'Euromilliones International Lottery Promotion'.  Sadly this spelling in the text of the letter differed from 'Euromillones' in two of the logos.  The envelope had my correct name and address but neither appeared in the letter.  They only wanted 5% commission.  The text instructed me not to go public until the claim had been paid to my bank account.

However, not having entered this unknown lottery how could I win anything?  So please do not send me any begging letters.  They will go in the same bin as the 'winner' letter. Global West Securities Company S.L. of Madrid will not be hearing from me.

It is surprising how many people fall for this type of scam.

Offline Angel

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • Forum Member
Re: EuroMillones winner!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:20:56 pm »
I love the way you've 'Gone Public' on an internet forum
 :icon_jokercolor:

Offline PS

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:35:46 pm »
If you have a bit of spare time, play them at their own game - ask them for their bank details that you can send the 5% commission to, then when they say they havn't received it, send them on a wild goose chase - you'll be surprised how long you can string them along.
I used to do that with these 414 scammers - Nigerian usually - and sent them chasing all over the place.....great fun.... 

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 05:49:42 pm »
The letter asked me to phone a Madrid number 'to begin your claims' [sic, or is that sick?]  Although my phone package might enable me to phone Spain without extra cost, I have better things to do with my time.

Offline Angel

• Forum Moderator
  • Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 06:04:43 pm »
I have better things to do with my time.

Just a shame the scammers haven't!

Tags: