Author Topic: Lost cat  (Read 30410 times)

Offline sherlock1a

• Opinions on some things
Re: Lost cat
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2004, 04:55:22 pm »
All,

I wonder if you could help look for a lost cat in the Peplins Way link road area.  The cat has been missing since the evening of Saturday 13th March.

Description as follows:
He is a 7 year old Tabby and white male cat.  He has 4 white paws and a white chest. He is a brown tabby rather than a silver tabby.  He has a silver reflective collar on with a grey magnet for his cat flap and an
identity barrel with his name and address in for his home in Milton Keynes.

Please check garages/sheds etc. in the area, and leave a post on this thread if you have any news or call 07710 678 259.

Thank you.

Offline sherlock1a

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2004, 08:33:40 pm »
CAT FOUND. Just to let you know the cat has been found safe and reasonably well, in the Calder Avenue area, and is safely back at his home.

Thanks to all who looked for him.

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2004, 10:54:50 pm »
Oh brilliant, well done!! :)

Michael_RN

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2004, 07:46:21 pm »
Dear Grant

Sorry to hear about your cats' problem.

I am sure the attacking cat is called Melanie. She lives  
some distance away and I believe calls by your area for  
the sole purpose of attacking your cats. She is a black-haired cat

I would recommend being patient: I believe she will  
disappear in due course - never to be seen again. You  
may have to wait some 18 months.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance

Michael RN   :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 09:27:00 pm by Michael_RN »

jrhutch

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2004, 12:42:41 pm »
Hi, we have been seeing an otherwise fairly healthy male tabby cat whose left hind leg is missing (a stump).  :'(  We've seen him around our flat near the train station.  Does he belong to anyone?

We were thinking that he might be stray and need rescuing, but he does seem like someone is feeding him, aside from occassional treats we give him, as he's done well thru the winter and we keep seeing him around the same areas.

Thanks in advance for any info.

otherwise10022003

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2004, 09:45:25 pm »
That's great to hear.

Several years back we had a cat (at our previous home in Beds) which went missing for 3 months.

We'd given up hope and then one day she trotted back into our home. Just as if she'd been out for 5 minutes!

We were very careful about letting her out after that.

O.T Wise.

lollyloobrush

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2004, 07:25:48 pm »
we have lost a pure grey cat and she is called Jess.she is a pedigree and is 11months old. if anyone has seen her please contact this number  01707 647866. we live in shrublands brookmans park. jess is very cheeky and friendly and may have climbed into your garage or shed so could you please check.
 :'(we have only had jess for 10months and i am very sad and missing her so so so much so please help me and keep an eye out.  :'(
THANK YOU
from
Lolly

JESSIE HAS BEEN FOUND, SAFE AND SOUND.  WE RECIEVED A CALL FROM A KINDLY COUPLE AT 7 MYMMS DRIVE AT 1.15am SUNDAY 4th JULY AFTER JESS TURNED UP ON THEIR DOOR STEP.
A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS KEPT AN EYE OUT FOR JESS,  WE ARE SO HAPPY TO HAVE HER BACK.
LOVE LOLLY AND FAMILY
XX

« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 05:19:12 am by lollyloobrush »

Offline Spurs fan

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2004, 06:00:55 pm »
I'll keep an eye out for her, Lolly. Hope you find her soon. Do let us know if you do!

Offline falkor

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2004, 01:52:42 am »
we lost our cat about that age too  :(

lollyloobrush I hope you get your Jess back but maybe she is now with our Katamazoo - if so, I think they'll be happy together  ;)

Offline boyo

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2004, 06:26:35 pm »
lolly, we are looking all the time and keeping our fingers crossed that she comes home soon...

Offline loopy_loo

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2004, 12:44:07 am »
Ginger cat with red collar and bell found in Westland Drive - no name tag on collar - on afternoon of 28 December.  Looks healthy if slightly on the thin side and appears slightly distressed (making lots of noise)!!  If anyone knows of anyone who owns a ginger moggy could you please check they have not gone missing and if so reply to this post.  

We have not taken the cat in - not the right thing to do and we also have two very defensive cats of our own!!!

Offline supersonic

• Opinions on many things
  • Yabba-dabba-doo
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2004, 01:07:09 am »
Is it worth giving the RSPCA a call? They'd take care of the cat and also check to see if it's been microchiped.

supersonic

Offline Spurs fan

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2004, 12:28:11 pm »
People often report missing animals to local vets too, so maybe a call round might help?

gardy

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2005, 06:52:43 pm »
got a flyer through the door today 24th jan saying lost ginger cat.... phone number is 07932 772392

Offline hilarycarlen

• Mother Hen
  • The secret of life is compost.
message removed
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2005, 07:14:41 pm »
message removed for security reasons
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:37:11 pm by hilarycarlen »

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2005, 07:51:06 pm »
This was posted on a different thread yesterday - condolenses if this is your animal.

James

Sorry for the bad news, but if you are missing a large ginger cat in the Bluebridge/Oaklands/Westland area of the village you will find it in the verge of Bruebridge Road near to the bridge. Presumably a casualty of the traffic. Has happened to us two years ago up at GNR so know how the owner must be feeling.

ATG
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline loopy_loo

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2005, 10:53:05 pm »
I feel so sorry for the owners of the cat found on Bluebridge.  Our sympathy on hearing this terrible news.
I realise this may not be appropriate given the sad news above but there was a happy ending for the ginger cat found in Westlands.  In respnse to flyers it found its rightful owner 10 days after being found.  This would have been quicker if there had been a microchip or tag.  The first port of call was a trip to the vet and a plea to those who have not done so - get your moggy chipped!
In the intervening period a neighbour very kindly fostered  the cat and perserverance paid off.

Offline Alfred the Great

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2005, 11:44:56 pm »
Sorry didn't notice if he was wearing a collar. If you need any help to find him please let me know.

ATG
Confucius he say "a dog is for life not just for Christmas Dinner"

Offline hilarycarlen

• Mother Hen
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2005, 12:19:44 am »
Yes, he's our cat, and yes, we buried him.  The second cat of ours mown down on that exact spot in 3 months.

Thank you for letting us know, because we'd rather know than be left unknowing.  Yes he still had his collar on.  Someone had thrown him into a ditch, perhaps to keep him out of the sight of kids.  Whoever it was who put him in the ditch didn't have the kindness to look at his tag for our address, and in the ditch he was no longer really visible from the path.  So I am all the more grateful for you for telling us where to look or we probably would never have found him.  

What a sad night.

We got this beautiful young cat with his brother from the RSPSA just a few months ago, after our last cat was killed there.  I just don't know what to do with his brother now, because I feel it's just a matter of waiting before he goes the same way as these two, and I can't face the kids with a dead cat in my arms like that again.  Life's so cruel.

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2005, 01:26:41 am »
We're so very sorry to read about your lovely young cat. We know how you feel because we live on Bluebridge Road near the bridge end and we've had 3 male cats killed by speeding drivers along Bluebridge in 4 years. My children still grieve for them. Two of them we'd had from tiny kittens and they'd barely made it past their first birthdays when they were mown down. The third was an older cat that we re-homed from the RSPCA hoping that he'd be wiser about the road, but sadly he was no match for the drivers that come racing past our house at near motorway speeds.

If it's any consolation, I don't think that anyone moved Kitson to the ditch without bothering to look at the tag - one of mine was hit on the road but the momentum carried him across the verge before he dropped.

It might be wise to keep his brother in for a few days and nights so that he doesn't go looking. You may be lucky and he'll stay safe, so don't despair. Eventually, if you can bear to think about getting another kitten/cat to keep him company, try a girl - as they often stay at home more and might encourage the boy to do the same.

Sending this with our deepest sympathies from fellow cat lovers - we're thinking of you.

Offline hilarycarlen

• Mother Hen
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2005, 02:25:32 am »
Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts and helpful advice.  I'm sorry if my posting has woken up all those sad memories for you too.  Sitting here not able to face going to bed I was very comforted by your message.  Still worrying how I'm going to break it to my little boy in the morning.  

Good advice about keeping the other cat in.  He's certainly been in a bit of state for the last 24 hours - though it hadn't occurred to me he might go looking.  But of course he might.  He's kept trying to follow me as I've gone looking!  I didn't know that female cats stay in more, but that's a good thought.  I was thinking about our neighbour whose cat has survived unscathed at least since 2001 when we moved here and I was wondering what the secret was, but she's a girl, so maybe that really is a better bet.  I've just always loved tomcats.  I don't really know anything about female cats.

LongTallSally

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2005, 02:00:18 pm »
So sorry to hear about your ginger cat. I received your leaflet last night and checked the garage and sheds, sorry it was in vain.

If it helps, our cat died last year. Although it was through old age and not the tragic circumstances you've suffered, my two boys aged 5 and 3 were distraught. We wrote letters fo her, talked about her and I encouraged my boys to talk  to me whenever they were missing her. I would also (and still do) let them know when I was missing  her too. It seemed to help them understand, not only about death, but the effects and that its perfectly okay to feel sad.

Wishing you all well.

Offline Cassie

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2005, 03:38:44 pm »
I'm sorry to hear about your cat.

Our cat was run over and killed a few years ago - it was devastating so I know how it feels.

The only consolation really is that is was probably very quick and didn't give him time to suffer.

:'(

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2005, 08:59:48 pm »
Does anyone know who owns a white cat with black tail and ears which roams around The Gardens, Oaklands and Westlands and that end of Bluebridge Road? I don't think it's a stray, but I'd like to know for sure.

Mermaid

Offline Marky

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2005, 09:19:14 am »
This cat is now hanging around the top Bluebridge Avenue.

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2005, 01:30:44 pm »
A call to the RSPCA perhaps? before it becomes another victim of speeding/
regards,
jet

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2005, 08:39:12 pm »
Thanks Marky, for replying. That cat sure gets around! Does nobody know where he comes from?

Mermaid

pib

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2005, 02:52:24 pm »
Is it wearing a collar Mermaid? Because I'm wondering if it might have a name tag perhaps?

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2005, 10:19:27 pm »
Hi pib, thanks for the message, no he doesn't have a collar unfortunately. I know I could take him down to the vet's to see if he's microchipped, but that means catching him first. Either that or putting a collar on him myself with an attached message saying 'does anybody own this cat?'

Time for the gloves obviously! 

:-\

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2005, 09:45:58 pm »
An update on this cat - thanks to the loan of a cat trap and some brilliant help from the Cats Protection League, I managed to catch him and take him down to our Village Vet. He is not microchipped, and, given the lack of a collar and the fact that he's looking a bit 'down on his luck', it would seem that he doesn't have owners to call his own, poor thing. He's only about 18 months old and quite sweet natured.

After some attention, he's now been given a clear bill of health by the vet's, so I'd like to ask the following:

Firstly - could you all please ask around again to see if anyone owns him. His 'stamping grounds' are Bluebridge Road, Bluebridge Avenue. Oaklands and Westlands. He's even been seen in Station Road alongside the rail track by the bridge.

Secondly, because I don't think he has owners, is there anyone out there who might like to foster him? It would be nice if we could find him somewhere within his current area.

Thanks everyone!

Mermaid

Tags: