Author Topic: Parking issues, solutions, action and fines in Brookmans Park  (Read 284909 times)

Offline Angel

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • Forum Member
Re: Parking issues, solutions, action and fines in Brookmans Park
« Reply #810 on: December 14, 2015, 09:45:50 pm »
I wonder where they are parking now?

George's Wood Road?!!!

Online larrylamb

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #811 on: December 15, 2015, 09:36:47 am »
All welcome in GWR - we are commuter friendly road :)  Just cant see the lazy sods walking that far ;)

The following users thanked this post: Editor

Offline GGDT

• Forum Member
« Reply #812 on: December 16, 2015, 11:24:06 am »
Twice in the last week I have been stuck behind a stationary vehicle blocking the access roads around Bradmore Green while the driver or an occupant of the car nips in to a shop.

Had this yesterday outside the Co-op where a woman in a 4x4 who clearly couldn't be bothered to walk 20 yards parked across the front of me while she used the cashpoint.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #813 on: December 16, 2015, 12:45:54 pm »
Had this yesterday outside the Co-op where a woman in a 4x4 who clearly couldn't be bothered to walk 20 yards parked across the front of me while she used the cashpoint.

Probably because she either thinks she is more important than you or that your time is not as valuable.  >:(  Is this type of arrogance and lack of consideration for others a new thing? Seems to be happening more and more.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline GGDT

• Forum Member
« Reply #814 on: December 16, 2015, 03:01:59 pm »

Probably because she either thinks she is more important than you or that your time is not as valuable.  >:(  Is this type of arrogance and lack of consideration for others a new thing? Seems to be happening more and more.

Her teenage daughter (who she left in the car) was suitably embarassed by her actions so there is hope for the future!

My biggest parking annoyance in Brookmans Park is people who think they have the right to drive up on the pavement outside Wing Wah Garden even when there are numerous spaces available just the other side of the road.

I'd love to see the police spend a couple of hours in the village on a Friday or Saturday night issuing tickets to all the inconsiderate parkers (they'd make a few quid in fines as well)!

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #815 on: December 17, 2015, 09:00:22 am »
And parking on the corner of the pavement outside China Red, which can make turning into Peplins difficult to see

Offline Angel

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #816 on: January 04, 2016, 01:50:56 pm »
Just seen a car parked at bottom of Moffats with a ticket on the windscreen.

Offline Justin

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #817 on: July 13, 2016, 09:32:08 am »
I have had a number of calls and emails in reference to a vehicle parked on Moffats lane. Although the vehicle is not parked illegally I do agree that it is causing inconvenience to drivers of buses and lorry's. I have left a request on the drivers window to either move the vehicle or at least park on the other side of the road and I have also left a note at the registered owners address. As this is now in hand please wait for a couple of days before contacting me again. I will monitor the situation next week if it has not moved. Thank you.
Bill.

The car you are referring to in this post happened to be mine.  I live in Bradmore Green and because of the incompetence of the council the residents of Bradmore Green are unable to get parking permits.  The reason I parked my car in Moffats Lane during that week is because I was on holiday.  I asked Jack Carson at Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council where I should park during the time I was away and he suggested Moffats Lane.  The evening I parked my car, there was not another car parked.  I parked totally 100% legally and in a considerate and safe spot.  It was the other cars parking that caused the issues for buses and lorry's - not mine.
So, despite being told by the council, where to park, I get a note put on my car, a note put through my letterbox telling me I was causing the obstruction and on top of that some disgruntled resident of Moffats Lane decided to cause £2000 of criminal damage to my car by keying(Scratching) it from front to back.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #818 on: July 30, 2016, 06:32:08 am »
A comment made on this thread late last night has been removed on the grounds of trolling after it was reported to the moderators. Apologies for any offence caused while the post was live.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

The following users thanked this post: Nimbus

Offline t3gav

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #819 on: September 02, 2016, 04:49:21 pm »
I notice Justin has already mentioned this but now the residents who live in Bradmore Green can't park anywhere it seems, where are you all parking if you have a day/week off? I'm tempted to park in Station Close just the other side of the bridge as this is now the closest place to park however it's not ideal with buses and lorries coming over the bridge all day, it will cause traffic and possibly an accident or damage to my car, any ideas? Council are inept it seems. I've attached a pic, basically everyone in the village can get a permit apart from the minority who live in Bradmore Green above the shops.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #820 on: September 02, 2016, 05:20:25 pm »
I've merged the latest post about parking around Bradmore Green (above) with this existing thread on parking in and around the village. This is for two reasons. 1) Many who are interested in this topic will have set notifications to be alerted if there is an update on the topic, and 2) it is useful to have the context of previous discussions on this topic to see how the issue has been tackled over time. Thanks David

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #821 on: September 02, 2016, 07:14:56 pm »
I notice Justin has already mentioned this but now the residents who live in Bradmore Green can't park anywhere it seems, where are you all parking if you have a day/week off? I

Not ideal, but if you have the day off nothing to stop you parking in Bradmore Way and then moving your car once during the day as the parking restriction is only there for an hour.

With my Parish Council hat on, I have been talking to Justin about the restrictions which has been discussed at Parish Council level and we have been in contact with the Borough Council about it. Unfortunately a lot of local council seems to stop over August when people are away, but please rest assured it is still on our agenda and I will keep following it up until we reach a more satisfactory outcome for you.
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline t3gav

• Forum Member
« Reply #822 on: September 02, 2016, 07:45:01 pm »
Thanks David/James that makes sense. What's even worse is that the council try and promote healthy living and on sunny days my girlfriend walks to work (down the overgrown railway path) but now she is forced to drive every day! On Sundays I park directly at the back of my house in oaklands avenue, the people there don't mind as there is plenty of space and they all have driveways (some were actually against the permits where we park).

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #823 on: September 03, 2016, 10:23:56 am »
Thanks David/James that makes sense. What's even worse is that the council try and promote healthy living and on sunny days my girlfriend walks to work (down the overgrown railway path) but now she is forced to drive every day! On Sundays I park directly at the back of my house in oaklands avenue, the people there don't mind as there is plenty of space and they all have driveways (some were actually against the permits where we park).

Hi t3gav,

FYI, there are quite a few comments on your post over on our Facebook page. Click the speech bubble icon in the embed below to see them.

Offline t3gav

• Forum Member
« Reply #824 on: September 03, 2016, 11:51:31 am »
Thanks David.

Offline t3gav

• Forum Member
« Reply #825 on: September 14, 2016, 11:01:38 am »
Any news yet? :/

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #826 on: September 17, 2016, 09:15:41 am »
Short answer, no. I have emailed again.
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

The following users thanked this post: t3gav

Offline t3gav

• Forum Member
« Reply #827 on: September 20, 2016, 04:42:17 pm »
Seems everyone can park illegally on the pavement outside my house, if only I could park in my own road...

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #828 on: September 20, 2016, 04:54:30 pm »
Seems everyone can park illegally on the pavement outside my house, if only I could park in my own road...

I have tweeted your dilemma to see what @WelHatCouncil says.

Offline t3gav

• Forum Member
« Reply #829 on: September 20, 2016, 05:01:30 pm »
Thanks, I did tag them on the fb post but they didn't reply. I did consider parking in Station Close but I have a feeling it will get hit by a bus...

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #830 on: September 21, 2016, 03:33:18 pm »
Thanks, I did tag them on the fb post but they didn't reply. I did consider parking in Station Close but I have a feeling it will get hit by a bus...

Hi t3gav, the council responded to my tweet about your problem. I will leave you to take up the offer of contacting them and discussing. Their tweet reply below. Please let us know how it goes.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:41:46 pm by Editor »

Offline t3gav

• Forum Member
« Reply #831 on: September 23, 2016, 10:39:27 am »
I haven't had a reply yet, but my girlfriend did:

Sorry, for a delayed response, as was explained by Ms Hatfield, I have been on leave.

With regards your latest email on parking permits in Brookmans Park. Regrettably, as previously explained, resident permits are only issued to those residents who reside in the roads included in the ‘permit area’. This does mean that residents and businesses in Bradmore Green as with other similar roads within Brookmans Park do not qualify for a permit. Unfortunately, an exception cannot be made because a person resides alongside a permit scheme, which is the case for all permit schemes across the Borough.  This does mean those residents have to find alternative location to park or pay for car parking using other means, such as the charging car parks in the vicinity.

Therefore, to remain fair and consistent, all residents in similar circumstances to yours, are treated in the same way. This prevents the authority from selling permits to non-residents and recreating a parking issue that the residents of the permit road wanted stopped.

Yours Sincerely

Durk Reyner

They still haven't answered my question on which is the closest road I can legally park in that won't get hit by a bus...

Offline t3gav

• Forum Member
« Reply #832 on: September 23, 2016, 10:40:57 am »
Here's a pic of the road in question, as you can see clearly not enough space to park in...  :-\

Offline mannyd

« Reply #833 on: September 23, 2016, 11:19:56 am »
Not defending the council - but that photo was taken during the 10-11 no parking (other than permits) time zone

Offline t3gav

• Forum Member
« Reply #834 on: September 23, 2016, 12:52:54 pm »
No it wasn't, it was taken at 8:50am when I left for work. The road looked exactly the same this morning too..

Offline mannyd

« Reply #835 on: September 23, 2016, 06:06:26 pm »
My apologies! I walk through the alley to do the school run at 8.30/8.45, and 3/3.30. If I have to go out in the car between those times, there are usually quite a few cars parked along that stretch (admittedly less since the permits came in). The ticket man is out every day!

Offline Mr Green

• Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • Teacher
« Reply #836 on: September 23, 2016, 09:48:37 pm »
Regrettably, as previously explained, resident permits are only issued to those residents who reside in the roads included in the ‘permit area’. This does mean that residents and businesses in Bradmore Green as with other similar roads within Brookmans Park do not qualify for a permit.

I have no vested interest in this debate but this statement/policy is unjust - if I am understanding it correctly?

The partitioning of dwellings by town planners into definable groups (ie road names) also determines which residents can park in a road common to all. Dwellings with an access, albeit rear, onto a road are prevented from applying for a permit to park in that road.

Offline t3gav

• Forum Member
« Reply #837 on: September 24, 2016, 12:00:22 pm »
My apologies! I walk through the alley to do the school run at 8.30/8.45, and 3/3.30. If I have to go out in the car between those times, there are usually quite a few cars parked along that stretch (admittedly less since the permits came in). The ticket man is out every day!

No prob :)

Offline t3gav

• Forum Member
« Reply #838 on: September 24, 2016, 12:03:28 pm »
Regrettably, as previously explained, resident permits are only issued to those residents who reside in the roads included in the ‘permit area’. This does mean that residents and businesses in Bradmore Green as with other similar roads within Brookmans Park do not qualify for a permit.

I have no vested interest in this debate but this statement/policy is unjust - if I am understanding it correctly?

The partitioning of dwellings by town planners into definable groups (ie road names) also determines which residents can park in a road common to all. Dwellings with an access, albeit rear, onto a road are prevented from applying for a permit to park in that road.

Hmm interesting, guessing it's down to the council though not law or anything? If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly the road name doesn't determine who can park there basically?

Offline phil45

« Reply #839 on: October 01, 2016, 03:36:13 pm »
i would like to know why there no lines on the road to indicate there are parking restrictions in westland drive ,oaklands avenue , the gardens and moffats lane. If there were it would alert people to look for the restriction signs (which are tiny)and be aware of when they can park legally .........

Tags: