Author Topic: Gobions Warning  (Read 11911 times)

toothfairy

Re: Gobions Warning
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2003, 01:59:28 pm »
yes, he had legs.....

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2003, 02:04:02 pm »
Surely we should have a description of the person. So far all I know is that a women says she was acttacked by a male. Any chance of some more informative information?

According to the police they have released all the details they have at this stage. They've said they will inform this site if there is any more information available.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

toothfairy

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2003, 02:25:24 pm »
But what are they????! ???

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2003, 03:05:15 pm »
All the details are linked to earlier in this thread, but they have been repeated below to save you going back.
The community police officer, Vojislav Mihailovic say he will e-mail or phone this site when there is any change. If he does the information will be published on the site.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

toothfairy

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2003, 03:21:16 pm »
Great.  So now i'm going to be looked upon as a stranger who could grab someone from behind or worse if i go there on my own again.  
I could get reported to the local community police, and questioned like a criminal, just for walking in the woods.

I walk there on my own sometimes, because i live on my own, have quite a stressful job at times, and use the space to relax and think.  I Also enjoy tracking animals, watching the wildlife, and it keeps my legs moving, after sitting on my arse all day.

But now, if i walk in the woods, or track an animal off the path, this could be seen as suspicious.

whats the point.  Its no wonder people go mad or kill themselves when things get tough.  Theres nowhere to relax without being suspected of something, or set on by wierdo's or thugs.

Thanks for the info david.

Offline Spurs fan

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2004, 01:41:46 pm »
I'd just like to add that we have had no notice from the Neighbourhood Watch either, in Brookmans Avenue.
Thank goodness for word of mouth, and that I was warned the next day, or I could still be in ignorance.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2004, 03:24:07 pm »
I'd just like to add that we have had no notice from the Neighbourhood Watch either, in Brookmans Avenue.
Thank goodness for word of mouth, and that I was warned the next day, or I could still be in ignorance.

I've just spoken to Brenda Harris, secretary of Brookmans Park and Little Heath Neighbourhood Watch. Brenda was grateful for the information (provided above) and said the group will discuss its alerts procedures, including coverage of Brookmans Avenue, Calder Avenue, and all other local roads, at its next meeting on Thursday 29 January.

Thanks for the information, Brenda was unaware that parts of Brookmans Avenue were missed out.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2004, 04:32:56 pm »
I have just updated the news pages with the information that Brookmans Park and Little Heath Neighbourhood Watch Scheme is to examine the police alerts system at its next meeting. This follows the posts to this forum thread alerting the group to where the system is not working as it should. Thanks to all who offered feedback. Click here for full details.

Offline CarolineB

• Opinions on some things
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2004, 06:41:37 pm »
I heard the news only 2 days ago by chance. I live in Pine Grove and got no warning either.

Caroline
Caroline

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2004, 06:44:18 pm »
Thanks Caroline,

I will pass the information on to Brenda Harris, the secretary of the Brookmans Park and Little Heath Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.

As you probably have read on the site, they meet at the end of the month to consider how information is disseminated, and this feedback will be helpful.

David

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2004, 06:57:37 pm »
I have just spoken to Brenda Harris. She was not aware that parts of Pine Grove were missed.

Through people adding to the thread we have found out that parts of
  • Calder Avenue
  • Brookmans Avenue
  • Pine Grove
were missed with the Gobions alert.

Brenda has asked whether those online could add any more areas that did not get the Gobions warning last month so that she can look into it.

She will raise the issue with the group and the community police officer Vojislav at the January 29 meeting.

Please continue to add any other areas missed out.

Thanks

David

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2004, 08:11:12 pm »
Didn't get anything about it down in the lowly area of Bradmore Green... Perhaps our houses aren't big enough  ;D
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2004, 08:32:05 pm »
Brilliant James :) :) :) :)
Perhaps flats don't count ;) ;) ;) ;)
Even mighty Calderites were not told  ??? ??? ??? ???
regards,
jet
The only posters up in Gobions now asking for info have been put there by the victim!

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2004, 08:48:45 am »
The system for passing on police alerts throughout the community is being discussed on Thursday night after it was revealed some home have been missed out. For more details click here.

So far it seems parts of Calder Avenue, Brookmans Avenue, Bradmore Green, and Pine Grove were not covered.

If you know of any other areas missed out please e-mail this site and the details will be passed on to the neighbourhood watch team.

Geoffrey

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2004, 07:39:50 pm »
Thankyou for the warning editor

Tags: