Author Topic: Site survey  (Read 7225 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Site survey
« on: May 13, 2008, 07:40:48 am »
We've put together a short, ten question survey (click here) to try to find out how people use the Brookmans Park Newsletter and Forum.

The questions are either simple single choice or multi choice with a few boxes for people to add comments, if they wish. 

It should take only a couple of minutes to complete.

Click here to read more about the survey or, alternatively, click here to go straight to the survey.

Thanks for taking part

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Site survey
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:45:11 am »
Thanks for the survey responses. I only posted about it two hours ago and already 10 people have taken the time to fill it in.

Someone pointed out that for question 8. Do you just view or take part in the forum?, I should have left an option for a bit of both. Apologies. Please leave any comments in the box at the end of that question.

Thanks again for taking part. For those who haven't completed the survey, click here to go straight to the survey.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline stevea

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 09:58:52 am »
David....I think you should relax the rules a bit more! -  then we can really get stuck into each other! ;D

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 02:03:53 pm »
Wow, fantastic feedback. 32 people have filled out the survey and it's set so only one can be completed from each computer. So that's 32 individual users who have bothered to respond this morning. Thanks very much. Makes interesting reading. I will publish the results in due course.

Have just sent out an email to all forum members encouraging those who have not visited the site for some time to log on and participate. It will be interesting to see how many completed surveys that brings in. Again, I will keep everyone posted.

(apologies to all who responded before the email newsletter went out. Just ignore the mail)

Thanks again

David

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:34:14 pm »
Amazing. 75 individuals have bothered to complete the survey today. Thanks. I will leave it a week and then close the survey and analyse the results and post them here. If anyone hasn't responded, it is still not too late to do so. Click here for the survey.

David

Offline NZer

• Opinions on many things
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 02:52:22 am »
The survey tells me its closed at the moment - has it finished?

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 05:54:16 am »
The survey tells me its closed at the moment - has it finished?

Hi NZer,

Just checked the free account details for Survey Monkey and, yes, unfortunately it is limited to 100 responses. I didn't realise that. It's $19.95 a month for the full version, so I am sorry but I guess that's it. I will have a look at the results over the weekend and post something on the site to show the feedback.

David

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 06:16:50 am »
Survey closed

Sorry everyone, the survey is now closed, having received 100 responses in two days (which was its limit).

Thanks to everyone who took the time and effort to participate.

I will publish the results at the weekend.

David

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 07:51:26 am »
Thanks for all those who took the trouble to complete the recent site survey. Unfortunately, it was limited to the first 100, and that number was reached by the second day.

The survey provided some interesting feedback. One of my favourite comments was one of the negative ones, very snappy.

Run by the few for the few - Wikipedia without the content

Another comment emphasised the importance of the site to those who have moved away.

Allows me to find out what is happening in the village where I spent my childhood.

This one made me realise that some of the disagreements on the forum might have a bit of a history.

getting to talk to old friends, and enemies!

There was a healthy mix of positive and negative comments, showing that although the forum hits the spot for some, it doesn't go down well with others.

To hear all the rubbish the sad people of the village say, when they should get a real life and get out there and do something positive to change things in the village.

and

Keeping us informed about the goings on in the village and surrounding areas. As a local shop owner, I think this is invaluuable so thank you to all who keep the forum going - it can't be easy.

and I don't know who I owe a pint for this response to 'the question 'What is the most important feature of the site?'

The Editor is fab

;D

Thanks again for taking part.

Click here for the survey results.

Click here for the feedback comments added to the survey.

David

Tags: