Author Topic: Welham Green by-election  (Read 29814 times)

Offline stevea

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Re: Welham Green by-election
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2008, 01:01:57 am »
JET The BNP and NF are clearly not scapegoats for the political establishment. They are simply parties based on pure fascism.

Many of the illegal immigrants employed in the UK, especially in the construction industry, are hired by Irish contractors. This has been going on for years and years and is not a new thing. Have you ever seen the pick up points on Cricklewood High Road or Kilburn High Road?  I have Irish friends that do this all the time - pay cash and a great tax dodge.  Every major city in the UK has this happening.  If things get heavy, they just go back to Ireland and wait for things to calm down. The problem is now new to Ireland because their economy is booming.

PS I would suggest that the WG BNP vote was simply because voters had the wool pulled over their eyes by BNP canvassers. As I previously mentioned, the BNP site has been toned down enormously and their true agenda is carefully hidden. I suspect that is why you will not answer me about Nick Griffin and the BNP policies.

Offline PS

• Opinions on most things
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2008, 09:15:00 am »
Stevea - at least you are correct when you talk about the "tax dodges" that Irish companies use by employing illegals, and how its been going on for years. And how they get picked up at designated points. But this is exactly the problem with out traditional parties today - what are doing to resolve the problem ? Why cannot the authorities simply lie in waiting for what is an easy target and bring to justice these carryings-on ? Carryings-on that cost YOU and the normal hard working man in the street that pays his dues money !! I'll tell you why - because they are inept. They do not care as Jet has so well put it in his last posting. Can you really imagine that this [and many other examples in relation to benefit scroungers, criminals having more rights than the victims - believe me I only know too well, having been the victim of crime myself] can be simply allowed to continue ? Do you honestly believe that by doing nothing, the traditional parties can expect to get the same level of support in the future as they have come to expect from the past ? No - sentiments are starting to change - if the BNP do not succeed, then other similar ["toned down" parties] will start to emerge as they see an obvious gap in the market, so as to speak.

I am merely asking the tradional three to pull their fingers out, do what we would expect them to do, and that is to protect us from this disease of ineptitude that is spreading across the country from our so called leaders. To simply sleep will be their downfall.

As for your assertion that the BNP canvassers simply pulled the wool over voters eyes, misses the exact point that I am debating - which is that voters are starting to turn because our current crop of political parties have let them down badly. Please tell me where in ANY of the manifestos of the traditional three are mentioned anything about stopping the carryings on of todays problems ?

As for BNP and Nick Griffin- yes they have had their "problems" so as to speak, and have toned down their policies as they start to akin themselves to what this country needs. Shame the other parties are not. And as for the history of the other three parties - well you could write a book on all the scandals they have been up too nemerous to mention on this forum. After all, the latest one being the reason as to why a by election took place in WG - it was certainly a shock to me that such supposed "respected" councillors could be involved in such matters.

Jet - you last posting says it all, well put forward -  and I defy anyone to argue against that one.   

Offline stevea

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2008, 10:23:59 am »
PS  This topic is starting to get a bit long in the tooth for me.  We'll all have to get together and talk about it over a few pints. We'll either laugh it off, come to an agreement...or have a punch up! :) I know which one I'd prefer.

Offline PS

• Opinions on most things
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2008, 11:22:11 am »
Stevea - you are quite right. And I certainly would not want a punch up myself [only the extreme elements would advocate such an approach]

I suggest that we propose to conclude here by making a prediction - concerning the next Welham Green By Election in several months time (so I am led to believe). Mine is - the BNP will gain from 214 seats to approx 350 / 375 seats. Labour down even further from their miserable 88 [perhaps below 50] and the Lib Dems / Tories neck and neck. Not sure yet.

What is yours ? Then we can call a truce and resume in May 08.

Perhaps the other forum members could also make their own predictions too. Then we could have some real fun afterwards !!

What do you think ?

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2008, 01:19:52 pm »
PS  This topic is starting to get a bit long in the tooth for me.  We'll all have to get together and talk about it over a few pints. We'll either laugh it off, come to an agreement...or have a punch up! :) I know which one I'd prefer.

I suggest that we propose to conclude here by making a prediction - concerning the next Welham Green By Election in several months time (so I am led to believe). Mine is - the BNP will gain from 214 seats to approx 350 / 375 seats. Labour down even further from their miserable 88 [perhaps below 50] and the Lib Dems / Tories neck and neck. Not sure yet.

What is yours ? Then we can call a truce and resume in May 08.

Hi Steve and PS, I tend to agree. It's been an interesting read. I have found taking discussions off line (using the personal message system) or down to the pub, works a treat.

;)

David

The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline stevea

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2008, 08:33:42 pm »
PS  Lets put it this way.   I'll be Tory and you're BNP.  So Tory v BNP. I predict Tories to win by a k.o! ;)
OK my old china.

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2008, 11:03:25 pm »
The Celtic Tiger is no more. Eurobankcentral has doubled interest rates over the last year or so. New houses are empty.
The government created a false boom by encouraging housbuilding beyond the needs of the population. Possibly to cater for the influx of foreign workers.
120% mortgages were the norm and prices doubled over three years.
The E. european workers ruined the wage rate for the indiginous population and a few politicians and business men made a mint.
The foreign workers have not bought houses or settled, they life rough or in B & Bs, they send all the dosh back home and are now slowly ( as planned) bailing out to buy up cheap land in their own countries.
There are no public sector pay rises this year ( apart from the politicos) and what with fuel and food rises the squeeze is on.
Great if you have paid of the mortgage but a swine for the indiginous young who will now have to struggle.
Still the best place for quality of life though.
As for the lads waiting for work outside W****es in September there were about 30. The police moved them on after complaints from locals. By November there were 100s all living and dossing around the burger van. New Labour, slave labour.
As for the Irish on the lump, that was supposedly wiped out 25 years ago. Again it continued, it was just the Legit established firms with all the correct paperwork etc that suffered. The fly by night companies proliferated leaving debts and bankruptcy before changing their names. Before anyone argues the point I was in Contracting for 40 years so I have a rough idea.
Does anyone really think that the BNP etc could do any worse than the establishment.

BTW the Heatrow Jet was not on the correct glide path to start with, if it was it would have made the runway, bet its all whitewashed though. More spin, the bigger the lie the more gullible the prols.

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2008, 12:03:42 am »
Jet

nothing to do with the BNP I know, but what do you know about the Heathrow crash ?

My understanding is that the jet was on the usual glidepath until about 2 miles out when more power was required, this didn't come so lost height and undershot the runway.

What's the real story ??

Offline stevea

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2008, 02:32:42 am »
JET I agree with most of your comments in your last post, but I really do not think the BNP is the way to go. There is too much concealed fascism.

Offline Peter Hastings

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2008, 03:01:54 pm »
The BNP just aint the way to go. They are not in the same game as the rest.

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2008, 09:33:42 pm »
So what we need is a "New BNP" :)
The Heatrow crash, my humble observations:-
A landing is a controlled crash.
On take off or landing the assumption is engine failure, every single time.
An approach is conducted at about 50% above stalling speed. This leaves a good margin of air speed to be bled off by aircraft attitude ( nose up/down) as needed.
If the correct height above ground and speed are selected upon turning final ( about 10+ miles out) then a safe approach is ensured.
There was little wind/turbulance which can give a false impression of distance.
The aircraft was observed to have a high nose position two miles before touchdown, this would suggest that the aircraft ( pilot or avionics) was attempting to lose speed.
The aircraft came to an abrupt halt suggesting a near stall condition.
A jet engine takes up to 9 seconds to deliver full thrust from idle ( in the trade refered to as spoling up) Thus it was impossible for airspeed to be increased even if the engines were functioning when 9 seconds from touchdown.
Has anyone ever heard the engines being selected on approach or landing unless there is a go round ( missed approach) Listen next time you fly.
The pilot was skillful and lucky. The cabin crew were the best.
Easy to comment after the event, the whole thing shows how easily something nasty can develop.
The pilot and crew must have been very embarressed by the press meeting.
We will see...........

Offline Peter Hastings

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2008, 12:40:47 pm »
...........And the pilot belongs to the BNP?.....................are we muddling threads here?

Offline ADM

• Forum Moderator
  • Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2008, 04:02:16 pm »
Shoot the fox!

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2008, 09:37:18 pm »
No he belongs to BALPA, but at the moment his career belongs to the PR dept of BA, the worlds most opinionated airline :D

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2008, 09:37:40 pm »
This thread seems to have become confused between a discussion on the Welham Green by-election, the Heathrow plane crash and chickens. Probably best to lock it until the next local elections and then perhaps merge it when the discussion is more focussed. It is now locked.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: