Author Topic: Front gate to be unlocked at Potters Bar station  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Grant Shapps MP

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Front gate to be unlocked at Potters Bar station
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:30:09 pm »
I travel back and forth to Westminster by train usually taking First Capital Connect from Finsbury Park. Depending on which train turns up first I sometimes find myself getting off at Potters Bar and jumping in a cab to complete my journey home.

It's usually a late night and as regular users of Potters Bar station will know, if it's anything after 7:30pm they lock the large metal gate meaning that you have to walk round the back of the station in order to get to the bus and cab services at the front. Late at night when it's dark you can see anxious passengers uneasy about the trek out through the rear car park and under the bridge to get to the front of the station.

Over the past couple of years I've been raising this matter on behalf of constituents who use Potters Bar and I'm pleased to let the forum know that the Managing Director of First Capital Connect has written back to me today to say that they've listened to these concerns and will from now on being keeping the gate open until 10pm. A new sign has been ordered to replace the one that says the front entrance closes at 7:30pm.

None of which is of any particular assistance to me, as it's usually between 11:15 and midnight by the time I reach that station, but I hope it will at least cut some minutes off other commuters already long days and add to safety at Potters Bar station.

Grant.

Offline SBFC2

• Opinions on some things
Re: Front gate to be unlocked at Potters Bar station
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 10:24:44 am »
Thanks that does make a difference...

Maybe now you have her ear you could mention this to her:

http://www.brookmans.com/forum/index.php?topic=1416.0

;D

Offline Grant Shapps MP

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Re: Front gate to be unlocked at Potters Bar station
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 11:48:52 am »
I know and then they wonder why more people don't dump their cars....

Tags: