Author Topic: stolen rear number plate  (Read 3793 times)

Offline Therock

• Opinions on many things
  • Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
stolen rear number plate
« on: September 25, 2006, 09:22:40 am »
Just a quick warning to all motorist.Last night between 6-8.30pm A relatives car was parked in Moffats Lane, Some Scumbox stole his rear Number plate.We informed the Police of the matter. So just keep a eye on your vehicle if it is parked in the main road, As this Scumbag may Strike again.Please let me get hold of him.
Regards THE ROCK

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Re: stolen rear number plate
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 09:51:11 am »
I wonder what use a rear numberplate is ? Surely if you wanted to use false number plates on a car you'd need both front and rear plates - and surely you'd just get a false set made up (very easy despite various rules and regulatrions) so as not to arouse suspicion ??

John_fraser

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 10:50:22 am »
Anti-theft number plates launched

New "thief-proof" car number plates are being launched by the government.
They are designed to deter thieves who steal plates and use them to pass their car off as someone else's - a growing trend known as car-cloning.
...the growing use of speed cameras and police plate-reading cameras was probably the cause of the rise in car-cloning

Tell you friends to keep hold of the police crime number they should of given them when they reported it. You may be getting some unwanted post. May be worth getting a new number for the car.

Offline Mr Green

• Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • Teacher
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 06:42:44 pm »
Could it have fallen off on the journey there? Plates are normally stolen in pairs.

This type of crime is very much on the increase since the introduction of London congestion charging. These cameras do not check the registration numbers entering the city against police interest reports held on the Police National Computer and so will not detect a possible bogus vehicle.

The police plate reading cameras referred to above called ANPR -  do, therefore you would be foolish to steal plates and then drive past one of these.

Please let me get hold of him.

So it was a man then, who's the witness?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 06:44:04 pm by nightlondon »

Offline Therock

• Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 11:43:03 am »
Nightlondon,

No witness so no evidence,man or woman as a gambler I would say 99.99 a man . End of story. and If I ever caught he or she it would make no difference to me.

But its only a minor thing but today there are so many do-gooders about and lots of people are allowed to get away with minor things, Where I came from in Hackney years ago we knew how to deal with Bullies,thugs are so called hard men who mugged women and robbed houses.

ITS ONLY A NUMBER PLATE

Jamie

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 01:25:53 am »
Im no expert here, but dont speed camera's only take pictures of the rear number plate?

Offline Mr Green

• Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • Teacher
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 01:03:17 pm »
Older cameras mostly take rear plate images as they are still detecting the speed as you approach. Many modern cameras, including average speed cameras and movable vehicle based motion cameras are front facing. Also local CCTV cameras, which are multidirectional can be linked up to number plate reading software.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 04:11:51 pm by nightlondon »

Tags: