Author Topic: Farewell from PC Jitu Davé  (Read 3854 times)

Offline PC Jitu Davé

• Opinions on some things
  • Those logged on can IM me (below).
Farewell from PC Jitu Davé
« on: August 31, 2006, 04:18:08 pm »
                                                                                                                          31st August 2006

Dear all,

This might come as a shock to you but I am very sorry to have to inform you that it is time for me to move on just twelve months later. I was not planning to go anywhere for the foreseeable future even though I had passed my Promotion to Sergeant’s exam in March 2006, because I enjoyed working on my beat of Brookmans Park, Little Heath and Newgate Street.

I am changing my role slightly. From 14th September 2006, I will be working at the Police Headquarters for a few months and hopefully, thereafter, get the promotion. I intend to return to the community policing even after my promotion, so that I can fulfil my dream of achieving something for the community.

I have been the proud local officer of this beautiful area of Hertfordshire and have had the good fortune to work with very supportive people like yourselves. I have not only had the support of the leading people, but also had love and affection of the very special local people who accepted me wholeheartedly. Without any of this, my task would not have been as easy and enjoyable as it has been. I am very proud to have been able to serve such a loving community. You have allowed me to maintain contact with you personally as well as through the very efficiently run Brookmans Park website and lately the monthly magazine called the Oracle. I will maintain that contact through the web site in future.

Through using the website, I have come to know that the web users are very enthusiastic people who care for the community. That is the reason why all the web users express their opinion. I am very glad that you all participate with such enthusiasm. I would urge you to continue to take interest in the community. I have met some web users, but not all. I shall regret not having met all of you.

During my term, I have made sincere efforts to make a difference. I brought with me my own ideas of community policing which were no different to the old style of policing. I have always believed in the community spirit and I would like to see it live on, especially in our area. We must constantly contribute to the community we live in. People must talk to each other and get to know each other to avoid and prevent many future problems. We are all busy but not so busy as not to be able to spare a few moments to say “Hello” to each other. Getting to know people helps us understand them.

There is a greater need for people to be vigilant and to get to know each other. One way to achieve this and at the same time maintain the community spirit I have spoken about is to have more new neighbourhood watches and make the existing ones stronger. This will enable people to take a healthy interest in the community and give them a sense of belonging and pride and achievement. It will also help prevent and detect crime.

Let me thank you all again and wish you all the best. I am taking with me very many fond memories.

PC Jitu Davé

« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 04:19:22 pm by PC Jitu Davé »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Farewell from PC Jitu Davé
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 08:34:52 pm »
I would just like to pass on my personal thanks to Jitu for being such a good pal over the last 12 months.

He really wanted to know how he could best use the website to communicate with local people and, although admitting to 'not being very good with computers', he made a point of learning how to log on and take part in the community forum so that he could address concerns first hand.

He would often pop round at short notice for a cup of tea and a natter in order to make sure that he was keeping in touch with the site and the community. I know I was only one visit on a long list of local people who he regularly dropped in on.

It was always a pleasure to see him.

He was a great believer in community policing and, over the past year, he gathered an indepth knowlege about this area.

Keep in touch Jitu, and don't forget, the kettle is always on.

;)

David

Note: I split this from the Crime and Community Policing thread.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 10:07:09 pm by David Brewer »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 10:26:25 am »
Well done Jitu on passing your exam and I hope you will get promoted very soon

You have been the most pro-active policeman we have had for years and will be a hard act to follow.

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 09:02:18 pm »
I was very sad to hear the news that Jitu is moving on, although obviously happy that he's doing it for all the right reasons.

I never spoke to Jitu but saw him regularly around the village and only ever heard praise abot him.

As a child growing up in Brookmans Park in the 1970's I remembered PC Hitchings on a pushbike, Jitu seemed to represent all the old fashioned values he stood for. Straightforward common sense policing where the Police knew the community they were serving. Actually on the ground, not just observing through the window of a patrol car.

An incredibly hard act to follow, do we know anything about Jitu's sucessor ?

Thanks Jitu and best of luck in your career in the future.

Offline Peter Hastings

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 09:27:15 am »
Thanks for being the sort of policeman we want Jitu and good luck in the future.

I am concerned though that the police understanding of community policing stops at Jitu-let's hope I am wrong.

Tags: