Author Topic: Excitement in Bradmore Green  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Clairebailey

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Excitement in Bradmore Green
« on: August 11, 2006, 05:01:20 pm »
This morning a local shop worker told me that there was an incident in the village involving a man with a firearm, armed police and a helicopter. I just wondered if anybody knew if any of this is true and if so what happened?!

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Excitement in Bradmore Green
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 05:46:01 pm »
Hi Claire,

I saw the helicopter too. I've mailed PC Jitu Dave to ask him if he can fill us in on the details.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 08:02:36 am »
An online tabloid newspaper is claiming that a Brookmans Park teenager caused a security alert yesterday when people reported seeing someone carrying guns in the village. The tabloid says armed police found that the 14-year-old was carrying a plastic machine-gun and a BB gun. According to the tabloid, a police spokesman is quoted as saying “the boy was arrested on suspicion of a public order offence and taken into custody for questioning. We have to respond vigorously to all firearms incidents.”

Click here for the link to the complete article.

Note: The Brookmans Park Newsletter is not responsible for the content of external internet sites
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 08:48:41 am by David Brewer »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline PC Jitu Davé

• Opinions on some things
  • Those logged on can IM me (below).
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 11:39:05 am »
Dear all,

Shortly after 9am on Friday 11th Aug. 2006, I received a call on my work mobile that a young male had been seen with guns. The incident was reported to police immediately using 999. From the location given of the young male, I was able to provide some useful information to the police control room staff. I liased with the officers through my personal radio and at the scene and the incident was dealt with accordingly.

I am pleased to say that the incident did not involve any real firearms or any real terrorist activity. It involved a local young lad in his early teens playing with his toy guns in the street completely unaware of the implications of his behaviour. As the police enquiries are still going on, it will not be appropriate for me or anyone to speculate or make any further remarks on the subject.

This incident highlites two points for us all: the importance of the community spirit and the use 999.

It is important that as a community we remain vigilant about these sorts of incidents so that we can prevent any nasty activities taking place in our beautiful village. I wish to thank the two people who reported this incident.

It is also important for us all to know our community well so that we can identify people who are new to the area. Approximately three weeks ago I was made aware of a person who the informant had not seen before. As a result I made enquiries and established that the person was local but was new to the area. The informant now knows that this person is local.

This incident is also a very good example of an emergency when 999 should be dialled.

As you all know, the number to dial to report other non-emergency numbers is: 0845 33 00 222

Regards.

PC Jitu Davé.

Tags: