Author Topic: Fatal road accident  (Read 20108 times)

Offline JMT

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Fatal road accident
« on: June 13, 2006, 09:19:19 pm »
Does anyone know why Hawkshead Road was closed this morning, with those coming from Potters Bar direction being sent down Swanley Bar Lane  and onto the main road ??

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
Re: Fatal road accident
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 10:07:03 pm »

I think it was an accident involving at least a couple of cars. My daughter was on a school bus which passed the accident shortly after it occurred. I won't give any more details in case a) she didn't see it correctly or b) there may be a prosecution pending, but I really hope that the injuries weren't too bad and that all parties are OK.

Offline JMT

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 10:14:59 pm »
Whatever it was, it must have been quite bad - at least two ambulances, a fire engine and several police cars all shot past us as we were sent off down Swanley Bar Lane at 8.40 am.  I too hope the emergency services were there in excess of those needed !

Offline Bob

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on many things
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 07:23:36 am »
Not good news according to the WHT Potters Bar edition. A fatality involving a 12 year old boy.
Bob

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 09:18:18 am »
As I feared from my daughter's description. What a terrible, terrible tragedy, my heart goes out to the family.

Offline Fiona

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 01:03:31 pm »
I was heart-broken to hear a 12 year old boy died in the horrific smash on Hawshead Lane yesterday morning. Words cannot adequately express the tragedy when a young promising life is lost.

If any of you know the family concerned, please pass on my condolences.

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 06:15:56 pm »
The WH Times reports that the accident happened shortly after 8.00am on Hawkshead Lane and involved a dark green Ford Fiesta and a blue Renault Megane. Police have asked that anyone who saw the vehicles before the incident, or who witnessed the collision itself, should call them on 0845 330 0222.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 01:13:15 pm »
This just in from Hertfordshire Constabulary. Thanks to the family for sharing such a beautiful and moving tribute to their son. I am sure all users of this site will join in sending their heartfelt condolences.

June 15, 2006
TRIBUTE TO TOMER ALLEN-PRICE, AGED 12
By Corporate Communication Dept

Tomer’s family wish to issue the following statement following his untimely death in a road traffic collision in Hawkshead Road, Potters Bar. Tomer lived with his family in Potters Bar.

Tomer Allen-Price. 8th October 1993 – 13th June 2006

Our beautiful son Tomer was taken from us and has left a huge hole in our lives. Mum Jane, Dad Jeremy and his older brother Frankie are devastated at how ruthless life can be to take someone so happy, so clever and so full of life away from them.

Tomer was such a happy boy; he took on every new challenge with an open heart and huge enthusiasm. He was an active motocross rider - in fact anything on two wheels brought Tomer great pleasure.

Bikes, scooters, pit bikes and BMX bikes were never far from his thoughts and the new Skate Park at Furzefield was his focal point in the town

Tomer’s life didn’t stop at two wheels either, he loved to go fishing with his cousin Ryan who was a great inspiration to him, along with his brother Greg.

He also loved to go skiing and on the many trips with his brother Frankie, he glowed with enthusiasm every time we went off in the morning to find new places to ski in fresh snow.

This was matched equally by his satisfaction at the end of day with the prospect of more challenges to meet tomorrow.

A visit to the Airkix wind tunnel to experience what freefall is like and the many trips with Dad to Hinton Skydiving centre had given Tomer the desire to do at least one skydive which was being planned during a trip to Kenya later this year.

Tomer’s time at Sunnybank primary school was one of the best he could possibly have had. Mr. Hooper and his team gave such a loving and caring environment that Tomer went from hating school to loving it.

Sunnybank school brought a fresh life to Tomer and we want to thank you from the bottom of our heart for the way you restored his faith in teachers’ ability to be fair, supportive and loving.

Tomer went on to his first year at Chancellors School in Brookmans Park and he very quickly found this new challenge both difficult yet inspiring.

He showed huge promise and he had already expressed his desires to go on to university.

He truly wanted to make something of his life. Tomer was exceptionally bright and it was rare that concepts evaded him; he also could argue and discuss points of view on many matters that often adults find hard to rationalize.

Inspire him and give him a challenge that sparked his imagination, Tomer then relished the adventure of discovery.

A natural entrepreneur, he found ways to supplement his pocket money through wheeling and dealing with lollies and rainbow dust and he never missed the chance to see an opportunity and try to capitalize on it.

At home, Tomer was the most loving boy anyone could hope to be with and through all the trials of being a young lad, he always would make the time to give his mum a cuddle and a kiss.

His older brother Frankie, though often victim to the typical brother rivalry, truly loved him and set him very high standards to achieve on the bike.

He tried to show Tomer how to get the best from his bike and in his own way set him a great example to aspire to. Tomer often said: “ I wish I could ride as well as Frankie”.

Tomer’s passing will leave a hole that can never be filled and he will be greatly missed by Mum, Dad, Frankie, Missy and the huge numbers of family and friends who loved him dearly.

/end of news release.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 01:26:50 pm by David Brewer »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Jane B

• Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 02:08:37 pm »
Words can't express how sorry I am. I can only imagine what must be felt by the family. My children, although in year 10 & 11 knew Tomer & told me last night what a popular & likeable lad he was & I wanted the family to know that.. I felt I had to add my condolences at this terrible time.
Jane

Offline PC Jitu Davé

• Those logged on can IM me (below).
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 04:47:58 pm »
Dear All,

I am sure everyone will join me in offering condolences to the family and friends of Tomer Allen-Price at his tragic and untimely death. I have already sent an e-mail to the head teacher Mr Stuart Phillips offering my condolences to all at the school.

PC Jitu Dave

Offline flw67

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 07:31:53 pm »
My condolences, I cannot possibly imagine what you are going through, but all our thoughts and prayers are with you.

David

Offline larrylamb

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 08:14:01 pm »
Our deepest sympathy with family and friends at the terrible time - words can't express our thoughts. All the very best to you.

Offline Peter Hastings

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 08:23:02 am »
Our condolences and thoughts are with you.

Offline rhodie

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 03:58:00 pm »
Our deepest sympathies to all of Tomer's family. My daughter went to school with him both at Sunny Bank and at Chancellor's. Our thoughts are with you through this awful time.

Offline SimonLewis

• Both personal and business concerns for B/Park
    • Fine & Country
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 01:06:31 pm »
On behalf of all of the staff at Fine & Country within the village, may I please offer our deepest heart felt sympathies to all of Tomer's family.

Simon Lewis

Offline Spurs fan

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 10:49:09 am »
Deepest sympathy to the family and friends of Tomer. I didn't know him, but I do have children of my own, though I can't possibly imagine how awful you must feel now.

R.I.P Tomer.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 07:29:54 am »
This week's Welwyn Hatfield Times has a page of tributes to Tomer. Click here if you would like to read them.

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 05:19:40 pm »
Just in from Hertfordshire Constabulary

June 30, 2006
WERE YOU IN RED VAN ON DAY OF FATAL ACCIDENT?
By Corporate Communication Dept

POLICE would like to speak to the driver of a red van who offered assistance at the scene of the road traffic collision in which 12 year old Tomer Allen-Price tragically died.

The incident occurred at 8.04am on Tuesday, June 13, in Hawkshead Road, Potters Bar. The vehicles involved were a blue Renault Megane and a dark green Ford Fiesta. Tomer was a passenger in the Ford Fiesta.

Inspector Paul Davis said: “We are very keen to speak to the driver of a red van who we believe to be a white male, who did his best to offer first aid assistance at the scene.

“We understand he was in no way connected to the collision but we would appeal for him to come forward as a witness.

“If you are the driver or you know who the driver was, please ring 0845 33 00 222 and quote Urn 233 of June 13.”

/news release ends.

Offline Evil

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 10:42:50 am »
Does anyone know yet what actually happened?   

I've seen the flowers etc at the scene - how heartbreaking but at the same time beautiful that so many people paid tribute to a person who seems to be quite exceptional.

Offline Peter Hastings

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 07:25:33 pm »
There are lots of rumours and finger pointing but I think the best thing is to wait for the police to finish what they are doing. This is clearly a tragedy all round for those remaining as well as the life lost.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 08:50:41 pm »
There are lots of rumours and finger pointing but I think the best thing is to wait for the police to finish what they are doing. This is clearly a tragedy all round for those remaining as well as the life lost.

I think Peter is right. I've locked this thread until there is an updated news release from Hertfordshire Constabularly. I hope that is okay with everybody.

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2006, 05:31:11 pm »
The Welwyn Hatfield Times has reported that Tomer's family have launched a fundraising appeal to try and build a new section to the Potters Bar Skatepark in his name:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/news/story.aspx?brand=WHTOnline&category=newspottersbar&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=newswhtnew&itemid=WEED17%20Oct%202006%2014%3A11%3A58%3A427

or the website at

http://www.tomerap.com

James
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Tags: