Author Topic: Are there any Brookmans about?!  (Read 3618 times)

Offline dixyburn

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
Are there any Brookmans about?!
« on: April 27, 2006, 08:41:23 am »
Hi

At the present moment I am looking into drawing up a family tree ! - oh bye the way my name is  -Derek Brookman! and Brookmans Park seems to be my first stop as it were.

I live just outside of Liverpool and as far as I know i am the last of the Brookmans in this neck of the woods. As my trail as led me to Brookmans Park are there any Brookmans out there ? because i would love to know the history of the Brookman name and have i any family about at the moment.

My grandfather and my father were born in Liverpool and my father was from a family of 5 - 3 sisters and two brothers - but they have as far as i know all passed on, but i must have some Brookman cousins about!! Anyway the name stops with me up here as I did not have any children.

Anyway love to hear from anyone who knows a Brookman or if there are any "Brookmans in the Village"

Derek.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Are there any Brookmans about?!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 09:05:35 am »

I live just outside of Liverpool and as far as I know i am the last of the Brookmans in this neck of the woods. As my trail as led me to Brookmans Park are there any Brookmans out there ? because i would love to know the history of the Brookman name and have i any family about at the moment.

Hi Derek,

Welcome to the forum. It's good to have another scouser signed up. I presume you have made full use of the search facility on the site. There are many references to the name in the site's archives (thanks to the North Mymms Local History Society), including how the name 'Brookmans' developed over time. Good luck in your search.

David

« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 09:06:43 am by David Brewer »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: