Linked Events

• WHC Cabinet Housing & Planning: October 15, 2014
  • WHC Cabinet Housing and Planning Panel - Housing need for th: October 23, 2014
  • WHC Cabinet Housing and Planning Panel - reserve date for to: October 29, 2014
  • WHC Cabinet Housing and Planning Panel - update of other evi: November 13, 2014
  • BPRA update to WHBC Local Plan public meeting BP URC: November 27, 2014
  • WHC Cabinet Housing and Planning Panel - Local Plan consulta: December 11, 2014
  • WHC Local Plan consultation document - to ratify Cabinet Hou: December 17, 2014
  • Local Plan public meeting at Chancellor's 7.30pm: March 03, 2015
  • Local Plan public meeting at Memorial Hall 8.15pm: March 05, 2015

Author Topic: Housing, planning, and development in North Mymms  (Read 594770 times)

Offline peppermint

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Re: Housing, planning, and development in North Mymms
« Reply #1500 on: October 10, 2016, 05:21:06 pm »
James, I have had confirmation from a reliable source that every point stated by Hatfield Girl is correct. Perhaps you could ask the other members of NMPC if someone could respond to the concerns raised on this forum regarding whose interests they are representing in North Mymms because at present it doesn't appear to be the residents.

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #1501 on: October 10, 2016, 10:14:56 pm »
Dear All

My apologies for the delaying in replying. In answer to Hatfield Girl's response below...

James,

Cllr Stephen Boulton was the Chairman of the North Mymms Parish Council in March 2015 when it sent representations to Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council, advancing BrP4 as its preferred site.  His wife sat on the committee which prepared those representations and she is also currently the Chairman of the North Mymms Parish Council Planning Committee.

Cllr Stephen Boulton was NOT chair of NMPC in March 2015. Cllr Teresa Travell was. This can be confirmed by looking at the minutes of old council meetings. Unfortunately not all of them have been transferred across to the new website, however you can see the relevant minutes by clicking on the link below which takes you directly to the old website:

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~northmymmspc/Minutes%20-NMPC%2020140528.htm

It is true to say that Cllr Jacqueline Boulton was sitting on the planning committee at the time. However, she was not chair at the time, nor was she elected as vice chair - see minutes online at

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~northmymmspc/Minutes%20Plan%2020140528.htm#top

It is true to say that she was elected in May 2016 as chair of NMPC's planning committee for this year.

In March 2015 Mr Boulton was also a serving member of the Cabinet Housing and Planning Panel, which approves site allocations in the borough, and he has subsequently become the Chairman of that committee.  He was still Chairman of the North Mymms Parish Council until June 2016.
Cllr Boulton was elected as chair of North Mymms Parish Council in May 2015. It is usual practice for the chair to become a member of all the subcommittees, however in view of the fact that Cllr Boulton was, as you describe above, chair of the borough committee the decision was taken that he should not sit on our planning committee to avoid a conflict of interest. This can be seen in the online minutes available here:

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~northmymmspc/Minutes%20-NMPC%2020150513.htm#top

The planning officers at Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council and the Council’s independent expert consultants repeatedly advised the Borough Council in the period 2012 to 2015 (in numerous public meetings and in site evaluation reports) that BrP4 was not suitable for development.  This only changed after North Mymms Parish Council made its representations in March 2015, when the Parish Council inexplicably advanced BrP4 as its preferred site for development, outside of Brookmans Park....

As I am sure you can appreciate as I am not involved in the Borough Council, I cannot answer questions on the process the borough council used.

You can view all the historical council minutes up to when we moved websites on the link below, so you can see I am not quoting selectively from them

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~northmymmspc/Minutes%20header.htm

Thanks

James
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:32:23 pm by James Bentall »
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

The following users thanked this post: Editor, peppermint

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #1502 on: October 10, 2016, 10:26:55 pm »
Interesting topic. Can someone please remind me what the purpose / role of the Parish Council is? I am aware of a charge for the NMPC 'services' via my council tax bill but never really understood what the 'value / service' I got in return for this charge and please do not refer me to their marvelous new website!

Mems

Naturally, all the information you require is on the new website, however I have summarised some of the what the council does below.

* In Brookmans Park NMPC own and maintain Gobions Open Space and children's play area, as well as smaller areas such as the green in the village centre.

* In Little Heath NMPC own and maintain the recreation ground and the children's play area

* In Welham Green NMPC own and maintain the football pitch, Burns Pavilion, bowling green, tennis courts and children's play area

* NMPC provide space for allotments for residents of the Parish off Station Road

* NMPC provide grants to local organisations such as the Welham Green community bookswap scheme, Welham Green Residents Association, North Mymms Youth Project, Isobel Hospice etc

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #1503 on: October 11, 2016, 07:48:16 am »
My apologies for the delaying in replying. In answer to Hatfield Girl's response below...

Thanks for that James, could you (or someone from the NMPC) say whether the following is true or not, and, if it is, point to any supporting documentation giving the reasons for the part of the quote picked out (by me) in bold text, please? I am interested in the bold text only.

The planning officers at Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council and the Council’s independent expert consultants repeatedly advised the Borough Council in the period 2012 to 2015 (in numerous public meetings and in site evaluation reports) that BrP4 was not suitable for development.  This only changed after North Mymms Parish Council made its representations in March 2015, when the Parish Council inexplicably advanced BrP4 as its preferred site for development, outside of Brookmans Park....

It would be good to see the supporting documentation for that decision if it is accurate. (Links to any relevant pages on the NMPC website, new or old, will be fine).  :)

Official comments from NMPC

Also, it seems to me that NMPC needs someone to deal with council-related communications issues as part of an official communications strategy.

I notice you post in this forum "in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council". I appreciate that, and am grateful for your efforts to clarify some of the important issues raised by local residents regarding planning.

However here are three suggestion related to the communications issue that councillors might want to consider at the next NMPC meeting:

1: Seeing as there are just 10 parish councillors serving the local area, would it be worth encouraging all to join this forum so that they can answer any queries directly and reduce the burden on you? This would be particularly valuable as the forum's focus is largely local issues related to North Mymms and we get 3.3m page views a year.

2: Alternatively, if the other councillors are unwilling to sign up to the forum, perhaps NMPC needs to have someone dedicated to handling local communication issues as the official voice of NMPC and who could post "in an official capacity as the spokesperson of North Mymms Parish Council".

3: I notice that we have a forum member with the user name N M Parish Council Clerk. I notice that this account has been used in the past for NMPC official business updates. Would it be worth NMPC using this account as its official account for answering queries raised by local residents about council decisions?

One to put to the next council meeting, perhaps?

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

The following users thanked this post: peppermint

Offline memsal9

• Opinions on some things
« Reply #1504 on: October 11, 2016, 09:59:33 am »
Interesting topic. Can someone please remind me what the purpose / role of the Parish Council is? I am aware of a charge for the NMPC 'services' via my council tax bill but never really understood what the 'value / service' I got in return for this charge and please do not refer me to their marvelous new website!

Mems

Naturally, all the information you require is on the new website, however I have summarised some of the what the council does below.

* In Brookmans Park NMPC own and maintain Gobions Open Space and children's play area, as well as smaller areas such as the green in the village centre.

* In Little Heath NMPC own and maintain the recreation ground and the children's play area

* In Welham Green NMPC own and maintain the football pitch, Burns Pavilion, bowling green, tennis courts and children's play area

* NMPC provide space for allotments for residents of the Parish off Station Road

* NMPC provide grants to local organisations such as the Welham Green community bookswap scheme, Welham Green Residents Association, North Mymms Youth Project, Isobel Hospice etc

OK, so in the grand scheme of things nothing of real substance. Thanks for reminding me. Thank you.

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #1505 on: October 11, 2016, 01:22:39 pm »
OK, so in the grand scheme of things nothing of real substance. Thanks for reminding me. Thank you.

Those 'things' are of very real substance to very many local residents who enjoy them and which make the area good to live in. James made a point of saying that he has summarised SOME of what the NMPC does, but not all. If you do not want to look at the NMPC website, why don't you go along to a meeting, as both Dave and James have suggested?

I find it very difficult to empathise with people who want to complain on this website, when they should be communicating directly with whoever it is they want to hold to account. All the councillors - Parish, Borough and County - have contact details in the public domain. Get writing, emailing or ringing, it's not difficult!

Offline memsal9

« Reply #1506 on: October 11, 2016, 01:47:07 pm »

Those 'things' are of very real substance to very many local residents who enjoy them and which make the area good to live in. James made a point of saying that he has summarised SOME of what the NMPC does, but not all. If you do not want to look at the NMPC website, why don't you go along to a meeting, as both Dave and James have suggested?

I find it very difficult to empathise with people who want to complain on this website, when they should be communicating directly with whoever it is they want to hold to account. All the councillors - Parish, Borough and County - have contact details in the public domain. Get writing, emailing or ringing, it's not difficult!

Believe me, I have contacted the NMPC directly in the past namely around planning issues. I accept the Parish's role in the provision of some local services but a huge impact in residents lives revolves around planning issues where the NMPC appear to display and inconsistent and incoherent approach and when questioned no clear answers are provided. At that point you just go to the nearest solid wall bang your head and get on with it!

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #1507 on: October 11, 2016, 11:59:37 pm »
Thanks for that James, could you (or someone from the NMPC) say whether the following is true or not, and, if it is, point to any supporting documentation giving the reasons for the part of the quote picked out (by me) in bold text, please? I am interested in the bold text only.

It would be good to see the supporting documentation for that decision if it is accurate. (Links to any relevant pages on the NMPC website, new or old, will be fine).  :)

David

The council has made two submissions about the local plan recently. The first one was in March 2015, which is the one most people in the thread above are talking about. This can be seen below:

They did however make another submission earlier this year before the plan was published which can be seen below

Official comments from NMPC

Also, it seems to me that NMPC needs someone to deal with council-related communications issues as part of an official communications strategy.

The new website will help with this, and I am sure the council will be considering the points you emailed the Clerk yesterday.

James

Note: Edited to fix embed code
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:22:36 pm by Editor »

The following users thanked this post: Editor

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #1508 on: October 12, 2016, 08:02:10 am »
The new website will help with this, and I am sure the council will be considering the points you emailed the Clerk yesterday.

Hi James,

Thanks for that information. Are those pdfs on the new website?

My point about communications was more about having someone responsible - in an official capacity - for responding to questions put by local residents, developers etc, (as you are attempting to do), rather than about having information online which people have to search for and then pick through in order to seek answers. The online record is needed, too, I agree.

Either that, or encourage all parish councillors to sign up for the forum - registration, as you know, is free-of-charge :) -  and respond in person to the questions put by those they represent.   

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline rockingrory

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #1509 on: October 12, 2016, 09:00:28 am »
Hi everyone ....... I have also been trying to make sense of the draft local plan so I can make some relevant submissions to the Inspector.

I have to say I am totally baffled by the site selection aspect which seems to favour the totally undevelopable BrP4 (HS22) and leave out other more appropriate sites. Can anyone explain why this is?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:11:51 am by Editor »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #1510 on: October 12, 2016, 10:13:25 am »
Hi rockingrory, welcome to the forum. You will notice that your post has been edited. I took a line out because it referred to a comment that has since been removed. David

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #1511 on: October 12, 2016, 10:27:06 am »
I have to say I am totally baffled by the site selection aspect which seems to favour the totally undevelopable BrP4 (HS22) and leave out other more appropriate sites. Can anyone explain why this is?
Why don't you ask Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council? The planning department's contact details should be on the council's website, then post the answer back here.

Offline memsal9

« Reply #1512 on: October 12, 2016, 11:59:02 am »
Why don't you ask Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council? The planning department's contact details should be on the council's website, then post the answer back here.
I don't think asking WHBC will get you far. This was the same council that around 8 years ago assessed the land between Peplins wood and Bulls Lane to be 'highly suitable' as a huge traveler site. Good enough as a traveler site but not good enough for housing! What we need is more transparency in the whole decision making process.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #1513 on: October 12, 2016, 02:52:04 pm »
A lot of work has gone into producing the RVC brochures promoting both BrP4 (Brookmans Park) and BrP7 (Little Heath). I've only just stumbled across them in the news section of the North Mymms Parish Council website. I am embedding them below because others, like me, might have missed them. First BrP4. I was surprised to see plans for a "community hub" and "multi-use games area", and "proposed parking" alongside the station (page 32).

And below is the case for BrP7.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #1514 on: October 12, 2016, 05:43:28 pm »
The brochure for WeG4b (SDS7) Marshmoor – 80 dwellings and 40,500m² of employment land - from the same source.

Offline North Mymms Green Belt

• Forum Member
« Reply #1515 on: October 12, 2016, 09:46:40 pm »
I've only just stumbled across them in the news section of the North Mymms Parish Council website. I am embedding them below because others, like me, might have missed them.

You probably missed them because virtually all the developers did not submit their proposals to the January 2015 Local Plan Consultation until the last day and in some cases the last hour!

All the developers proposals submitted in the last Consultation have been available to view on our website http://www.greenbeltsociety.org.uk/DevelopmentPlans.html

• Forum Member
« Reply #1516 on: October 12, 2016, 09:55:40 pm »
The brochure for WeG4b (SDS7) Marshmoor – 80 dwellings and 40,500m² of employment land - from the same source.

A reminder that Gascoyne Cecil will be hosting their own site-specific exhibition regarding Marshmoor (SDS7/WeG4b) tomorrow Thursday 13th October at North Mymms Cricket Club Home Farm, Welham Green AL9 7TR

The exhibition runs from 3pm - 8pm

• Forum Member
« Reply #1517 on: October 13, 2016, 08:34:51 am »
The North Mymms District Green Belt Society compiled detailed responses to the developers proposals that were submitted in the January 2015 Local Plan Consultation which were made available to WHBC Planning, Borough Councillors, NMPC and Grant Shapps MP. See embedded PDF below:

Note: Edited to fix embed code only

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 08:42:54 am by Editor »

The following users thanked this post: Mermaid, Editor, peppermint

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #1518 on: October 13, 2016, 08:54:54 am »
Tip: If you find the embedded pdfs too small to read you can hover over them, click the 'pop-out' arrow button (image below), view the document in full size, and even download it to your computer to read offline later.   :)  David

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #1519 on: October 13, 2016, 12:12:36 pm »
The North Mymms District Green Belt Society compiled detailed responses to the developers proposals that were submitted in the January 2015 Local Plan Consultation

Thanks for sharing that document. I've browsed through it. I notice there's quite a difference between what is being presented by developers and the comments from the NMDGBS. How do the decision makers decide what is fact? What's the process?

The following users thanked this post: memsal9

Offline epiphany

• Opinions on most things
« Reply #1520 on: October 13, 2016, 01:29:27 pm »
How do the decision makers decide what is fact? What's the process?

This is an interesting question.

In an ideal world you would have a team of well qualified and experienced Planning professionals using their years of experience to determine the planning merits or otherwise of each of the sites.

Although we have all the above, unfortunately we do not live in an ideal world and part of the Local Plan process involves Politicians

The way the system works -
  • Planning professionals in the Planning Department of the Council and also consultants analyse  the proposals within the framework of National Planning Policy
  • Their recommendations then undergo scrutiny from a Committee of Borough Councillors called the Cabinet Housing Planning Panel (CHPP) http://democracy.welhat.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=165
  • This Committee consists of nine Councillors (5 x Conservative, 3 x Labour and 1 X Lib/Dem which reflects the political makeup within Welwyn Hatfield.
  • The CHPP considers the information provided by the planning professionals, or officers as they are known, and can then make changes or choose to disregard the advice from the Planning Officers. The CHPP recommendations are then passed to Cabinet who normally just rubber stamp the Cabinet Housing Planning Panel recommendations. In fact 3 of the seven Councillors in the Cabinet are also in the CHPP
  • You would think that the Councillors in the various Committees would make decisions based on what is best for the constituents who voted for them in the ward that they represent.
  • Unfortunately that would be in ideal world, the reality is that all too often politics rears its ugly head and decisions are made along party lines.
  • I have witnessed this several times at CHPP meetings when votes are taken, and decisions are completely polarised by one side of the table (Conservative) voting for and the other side of the table (Labour & Lib/Dem) opposing.
  • It is also apparent at these meetings that when a pre-scripted statement is read out from a particular party at the end of a meeting that a decision was obviously made before the meeting which begs the question 'Why bother having a meeting?"

The following users thanked this post: Editor, peppermint, Ex Libris

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #1521 on: October 13, 2016, 02:23:03 pm »
Just seen a tweet about the Local Plan consultation process, put out by Welwyn Hatffield council @WelHatCouncil.

Offline Ex Libris

• Forum Member
  • Expertises:
  • Research
  • Boules (pétanque)
  • Teaching
« Reply #1522 on: October 13, 2016, 06:31:34 pm »
How do the decision makers decide what is fact? What's the process?

• You would think that the Councillors in the various Committees would make decisions based on what is best for the constituents who voted for them in the ward that they represent.

While Councillors do have to take into consideration the views of constituents in their own wards, they are, or should be,
involved in planning matters to represent the interests of the whole community –- "Development Management - Decision making, committees and probity (April 2015)"   

The presentation is part of a series of 'Councillor Briefings' from the Planning Advisory Service, which is part of the Local Government Association.  The briefings can be accessed from http://www.pas.gov.uk/web/pas1/councillors-page/-/journal_content/56/332612/15306/ARTICLE

Offline Nobby

« Reply #1523 on: October 13, 2016, 08:13:15 pm »
There is no reason why the Royal Veterinary College should be located in south-east England where land is in short supply. Rather than developing the field off Bradmore Lane, it would make far more sense to develop the RVC site itself for housing. The RVC can relocate to somewhere where employment opportunities are limited and the College can make a more positive contribution to the local community. I suggest it should relocate to the site of the old steelworks in Port Talbot, which has the added bonus of ample parking facilities and easy access to the M4.

The following users thanked this post: epiphany

Offline epiphany

• Opinions on most things
« Reply #1524 on: October 14, 2016, 09:48:14 am »
There is no reason why the Royal Veterinary College should be located in south-east England where land is in short supply. Rather than developing the field off Bradmore Lane, it would make far more sense to develop the RVC site itself for housing. The RVC can relocate to somewhere where employment opportunities are limited and the College can make a more positive contribution to the local community. I suggest it should relocate to the site of the old steelworks in Port Talbot, which has the added bonus of ample parking facilities and easy access to the M4.

This is the most sensible suggestion I have seen in this thread!!

Don't forget that in order to finance its own expansion plans, the RVC are also intending to develop the field adjoining Little Heath (BrP7) which has also been allocated in the Local Plan.

Actually the RVC did consider relocating both its Hawkshead and Camden campus in 2007, but unfortunately chose not too - See section 6.5 Page 44:

http://www.rvc.ac.uk/Media/Default/About/Governance,%20Policy%20and%20Legal/Policy%20and%20Legal/Publication%20Scheme/6.%20What%20our%20priorities%20are%20and%20how%20we%20are%20doing/Estates-Strategy.pdf

<a href="http://www.rvc.ac.uk/Media/Default/About/Governance,%20Policy%20and%20Legal/Policy%20and%20Legal/Publication%20Scheme/6.%20What%20our%20priorities%20are%20and%20how%20we%20are%20doing/Estates-Strategy.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.rvc.ac.uk/Media/Default/About/Governance,%20Policy%20and%20Legal/Policy%20and%20Legal/Publication%20Scheme/6.%20What%20our%20priorities%20are%20and%20how%20we%20are%20doing/Estates-Strategy.pdf</a>

Edited to add embedded document.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:21:46 am by Editor »

Offline leader

• Forum Member
« Reply #1525 on: October 16, 2016, 11:20:34 am »
Little Heath Action Group-Local Plan

This is the last week to enter your comments to Welwyn Hatfield Council.

Do not miss this opportunity to make your views understood

Once decisions are taken by the Council  to  allow building in Little Heath,  the Green Belt will be  lost forever.

Any residents  requiring  further information email-  littleheathactiongroup@aol.co.uk

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #1526 on: October 17, 2016, 05:54:04 pm »

Offline peppermint

• Forum Member
« Reply #1527 on: October 20, 2016, 09:36:15 am »
I noticed at the weekend that traffic monitoring cables have been installed on Station Road and on Bradmore lane just beyond the junction.    Could this have something to do with the planned development.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #1528 on: October 20, 2016, 10:20:46 am »
I noticed at the weekend that traffic monitoring cables have been installed on Station Road and on Bradmore lane just beyond the junction.    Could this have something to do with the planned development.

I wondered about that, too. I guess knowing the current traffic flow makes sense if a planning decision is looming.

• Forum Member
« Reply #1529 on: October 22, 2016, 11:52:06 am »
REMINDER - YOU CAN NOW SEND IN YOUR COMMENTS BY EMAIL OR BY LETTER TO BE RECEIVED BY 5pm MONDAY 24 OCTOBER

THE CLOCK IS TICKING TOWARDS THE END OF THE CONSULTATION PROCESS.

We are concerned that the level of response from North Mymms residents appears to be much lower than last time.

We  can see from the Council website that some of you have already submitted your response, BUT we need to make sure that everyone who is really concerned about the Local Plan makes their feelings clear by sending in their comments to the Council.

Are you concerned about the allocation in the Plan of the following Green Belt sites?
  • 120 houses in the Green Belt gap between Welham Green and Hatfield (HS11)
  • A technology/business park and 80 dwellings at Marshmoor, Welham Green (SDS7)
  • Increase from 3 pitches to 12 pitches at Foxes Lane Gypsy and Traveller Site, Welham Green (HS35)
  • 250 houses next to Brookmans Park railway station (HS22)
  • 14 houses west of Golf Club Road, Brookmans Park (HS21)
  • 10 houses east of Golf Club Road, Brookmans Park (HS23)
  • 100 houses south of Hawkshead Road, Little Heath (HS24)
  • 35 houses north of Hawkshead Road, little Heath (HS25)
Having difficulties responding to the Draft Local Plan?

Still want to do it?

Just write a letter! You don’t need to respond on-line http://www.welhat.gov.uk/localplan (though if you can that’s recommended) nor do you have to use the Council’s response form despite their earlier advice. All you have to do is write a letter or send an e-mail and if you provide the right basic information, your representation will be considered. We’ve checked with the Planning Inspectorate and the Council.

Your letter should:

• Give your name and address

• State that it is a response to the Draft Local Plan

• Cite the appropriate Policy Number in respect of each policy you wish to comment on. Policy numbers for site specific allocations in North Mymms Parish are as follows: Welham Green, Policy SADM30; Brookmans Park, Policy SADM31; Little Heath, Policy SADM32.

• Make it clear which site you are referring to as some Policies contain more than one site.

• Set out your arguments in supporting points.

• You can make representations on as many elements of the Draft Plan as you like but set each out separately.

• Or email
localplan@welhat.gov.uk

BEFORE MONDAY 24TH OCTOBER at 5.00pm.

Letters will now  have to be delivered to the Council Offices by hand now as it is too late to rely on the post. Letters should be addressed to

Planning Policy
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
Council Offices
The Campus
Welwyn Garden City
AL8 6AE

WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THE COUNCIL REALLY UNDERSTANDS RESIDENTS VIEWS AND FEELINGS OTHERWISE THE PLAN WILL BE IMPLEMENTED UNCHANGED!!!

ITS NOT TOO LATE - PLEASE TAKE ACTION
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:29:09 pm by North Mymms Green Belt »

Tags: