Author Topic: St. Mary's Churchyard  (Read 2968 times)

Bill_Knight

St. Mary's Churchyard
« on: September 14, 2002, 01:29:04 am »
I was recently given  a photo of my great grandparent's gravestone, i.e., William and Margaret Jane KNIGHT.  The photo was taken in the 1930's.   I have been told the grave is in St. Mary's Churchyard.  Is there a listing of those buried at St Mary's?

My great grandparents lived in at Dixon Hill in 1901 and later lived at  Church Cottage, North Mymms Park, which I believe is very close to the church.  My great grandfather, William, worked as a joiner or carpenter on the estate.  My grandmother [Emma KNIGHT nee Cooper] returned to England to ensure her son/my father was born 'an Englishman' in 1915.  She was the daughter of Thomas Cooper who was the head gamekeeper at North Mymms Park for many years [about 1912 through the 1920's], living at The Kennels.  I believe his son, Arthur William Cooper, later became head gamekeeper in the 1930's.  

I would welcome any ideas or suggestions on how to find the gravestone, perhaps get a recent photo, and, of course, any information on the day-to-day works of the staff of North Mymms Park.

Bill Knight
Chagrin Falls, Ohio, USA

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: St. Mary's Churchyard
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2002, 01:55:53 am »
Hi Bill, we will have a look round the churchyard for you with the digital camera and see what we can come up with.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline NMLHS

• Opinions on many things
  • North Mymms Local History Society informant
Re: St. Mary's Churchyard
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2002, 10:36:53 pm »
Hi Bill,
I will try to track down the Churchyard list.  There was one made by one of the local research associations about five years ago I think the church has a copy.

Tags: