Author Topic: Love Lane.North Mymms  (Read 2973 times)

Offline benwell

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Love Lane.North Mymms
« on: January 22, 2006, 02:55:04 pm »
The 1841 census states that my great x 3 grandfather Joseph Benwell lived at Frogs Hale, Love Lane, North Mymms.Can anybody tell me if Love Lane still exists? I believe it was near Parsonage and Pooleys Lane.

Offline Mallow

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Re: Love Lane.North Mymms
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 03:15:42 pm »
There was a Love Lane in North Mymms Park.  It is on one of my old maps of the area.  Part of it still exists as a RUPP or BOAT.  I will have another look at the old map to see if it exist anywhere else.

Regards.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Offline benwell

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 03:31:50 pm »
Thank you foryour prompt reply. Joseph Benwell was a gardener so maybe he worked in the Park.

Offline bazza

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 04:04:32 pm »
Love Lane is now a muddy track through a field just to the west of the A1(M). In fact I cycled part of it this afternoon. O/S map ref is TL225035. If you look on a website called find a map, (im not sure of the address but a google search will bring up the site), Love lane is the 'byway open to all traffic' BOAT for short that runs from the centre of the square and goes south-east. Im not sure if it also was Love Lane where it runs North West. The road, well byway now, that runs from the centre of the square North East is Abdale Lane. Part of this can still be found on the East of the A1(M) as it comes off Swanland Road as  a track and goes into Warrengate Lane, where there are still some houses on it. Both Love Lane and Abdale Lane were cut through first by the building of Swanland Road and later the A1(M).
I hope this helps.
Bazza

Tags: