Author Topic: TACHEBACK 2005  (Read 5947 times)

Offline Aidan Winwood

• Opinions on most things
  • Oh pish posh.  Release the Hounds.
    • GamerTrak
  • Expertises:
  • Market Research
  • Corporate Strategy
  • Marketing Comms
  • Video Games (professionally)
TACHEBACK 2005
« on: September 12, 2005, 09:58:37 am »
Dear All,

Those of you who have seen me around the village over the last few days will have observed a strip of hair being cultivated on my top lip (see photo taken on 6th September below)...

This is not the introduction of a new personal style, I am taking part in Tacheback 2005, which is giving men throughout the UK the opportunity to grow some facial hair AND raise vital cash to fight male cancer at the same time, by growing a moustache for all of September.

Tacheback 2005 is raising money for Everyman, a charity run by the Institute of Cancer Research to raise money for, and awareness of, testicular and prostate cancers.  You can find out more about Tacheback and Everyman on the Tacheback website:  http://www.icr.ac.uk/everyman/tacheback/home.php

Since this moustache is going to look wholly revolting on me anyway, I’m not going to go for the neat Craig David stylee, but am going to go all out for the Burt Reynolds – the bigger and thicker the better. 

Please give generously, it is an excellent cause and after all you only have to sponsor me, I actually have to grow and wear the moustache for A WHOLE MONTH.  The easiest way to give, would be to click on the link below to go to my ‘just giving’ page:  http://www.justgiving.com/Aidansmoustache

I am going to be updating this topic every few days over the month so you can observe progress.

Many thanks in advance for any sponsorship.

Aidan

Offline Laurel

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Re: TACHEBACK 2005
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 03:55:38 pm »
Hey mate,

How's it going? Didn't know you were doing this! Is it too late for a story - for some publicity etc. Sounds quite unusual. And seeing as I am on the charity trail (have just asked someone else if they want some publicity/a story for a fundraiser), I thought I would ask you too.

We tend to cover stories like this, so give us a shout if you want to try and get some more sponsors via the paper etc! You could get your pic in the paper - lol!!!

Catchya lata!

;)

P.S. The paper number is 01707 327551.

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 04:51:50 pm »
Perhaps 15 months after the original post is a bit late....... :icon_jokercolor:

Offline Laurel

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 12:14:46 pm »
What???!!! I didn't spot that bit... Yesterday was very busy and I assumed it was September just passed because of the way it appeared on the system...

Lol!

Well, if anyone has any stories like this or the other lady doing fundraising, let me know!

:-[

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 02:35:23 pm »
Lady?  Aidan looks distinctly male to my eyes, as does the name.

Me thinks Laurel has been taking too much of the Christmas spirit.  Can't wait to see what is in this week's edition of the WH Times.

But she is right in that the WH TImes does promote local events like this, and long may it do so.  It is required reading in my house.

Offline supersonic

• Opinions on many things
  • Yabba-dabba-doo
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 02:59:23 pm »
Hi Bob, I suspect that the 'lady' Laurel is referring to is dchearnden and her recent post Debs climbs Killi for Kids.

supersonic

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 04:48:58 pm »
On reflection, you are right.  Sorry Laurel  :-X

Catch me going up Killi-watsit?  No way.  Good luck to Debs and I hope she raises loads of dosh.

Offline Aidan Winwood

• Opinions on most things
  • Oh pish posh.  Release the Hounds.
    • GamerTrak
  • Expertises:
  • Market Research
  • Corporate Strategy
  • Marketing Comms
  • Video Games (professionally)
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 06:22:13 pm »
Hello all,

How nice to come back from a month away and have the memory of my lovely moustache brought back to the forefront of the site....   :)

Not sure how this happened actually since I was in New Zealand at the time, but no I didn't redo my moustache again this year - job interviews had to take priority!

I did manage to raise £1100 for testicular cancer though and may redo this again next year and try to beat my record - no training needed, only thick skin to bear with the comments!

Aidan

Offline Laurel

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 09:44:00 am »
Tee hee - yeah, that was my fault! Forget to clock the year it was written. Glad it amused you anyway...

Hope you enjoyed New Zealand and let us know if you do the charity thing again so we can get you in the paper!

L ;)

Tags: