Author Topic: Facilities for local youth  (Read 20961 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Facilities for local youth
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2005, 04:27:48 pm »
That's good to know, but if there are no goal posts any more at Gobions, where do they play?

Same place perhaps? Jumpers always worked when we were kids. There is always the problem of dog mess. I know that put some people off playing ball games on Gobions Open Space.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Max

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2005, 09:17:43 pm »
Ain't that the truth? I have hideous memories of pulling off a spectacular, Gordon Banks style diving save when playing in goal, and sliding through the mud to come to rest in a pile.......

A sense of good taste prevents me from continuing.

Still, I would have thought that you needed a pitch with real goals to play in an organised league, even at that level.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 10:05:27 pm »

Still, I would have thought that you needed a pitch with real goals to play in an organised league, even at that level.

There are pitches with real goals for the teams in the local leagues. One is behind the North Mymms Youth and Community Centre, others are behind the North Mymms Parish Council Offices in Welham Green and there are pitches on the edges of Little Heath and Newgate Street. Unfortunately the dads still have to go around with shovels and buckets to remove dog mess before each match.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Max

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2005, 12:40:10 am »
Well, yes I suppose so, and Wimbledon now play in Milton Keynes, but it strikes me as more sensible for a BP team to play in BP! Especially as all they have to do is put the goal posts back, which brings me back to my original point. Why did they take them away in the first place?

Offline PB History

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2005, 05:35:40 pm »
This is to all the children of Brookmans Park & Welham Green.

What do you want to keep you busy?  What facilities would you like to see introduced?  Skateboard ramps?  BMX track?  Football? 

I'm aware there is a problem in both Brookmans Park and Welham Green with youths hanging about in groups, what can be done to combat this?  Is it the lack of any other facilities to keep you busy or is this just your thing?

I know this has been discussed in other topics but I wanted to start a new topic to keep the responses in one place.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 05:56:22 pm by PB History »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2005, 08:15:53 pm »
Hi PB History,

I've merged your post with two existing threads on the same topic. I realise you wanted to keep all the responses in one place, but this merge functionality enables that.

Regards

David

Tags: