Author Topic: Brookmans Ave pot holes  (Read 1142 times)

Offline larrylamb

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
Brookmans Ave pot holes
« on: February 20, 2018, 06:24:00 pm »
My understanding is that the road maintenance management has recently changed hands, must say the road is in a fair state of disrepair at the moment. Is anyone able to provide an update on repair schedules?

Offline sasquartch

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Re: Brookmans Ave pot holes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 09:15:44 am »
I always report them online. A couple of big holes in Peplins have been recently repaired, whether directly as a result of my report I dont know but there's no harm in reporting.

However I guess Brookmans Ave being private doesnt get maintained by the council

However it seems pretty much every road is in a poor condition. There are even multiple potholes on the M25 on my journey to work :-(

Offline Nobby

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 03:15:05 pm »
The junction at Great North Road / Georges Wood Road / Kentish Lane is pretty awful as well. It really needs a roundabout, but imagine the weeks of traffic chaos......

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 03:39:00 pm »
Just spent a small fortune on two new front tyres due to what the tyre guy described as "tracking-related wear" which he put down to pothole damage.

::)
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline ChrisMaddock

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 05:16:44 pm »
Pine Grove is also terrible.. Think the buses going to Chancellors can't do any good. Likewise, trying to get onto the A1000 from Georges Wood is painful!
We received a letter from Grant Shapps a good few months ago about the later being sorted though I'm yet to see the works take place...

Offline epiphany

• Opinions on most things

Offline larrylamb

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 07:34:16 pm »
More here: http://www.whtimes.co.uk/news/resident-urges-council-to-resurface-brookmans-park-road-1-5411576

The majority of services in Cornwall are provided by direct labour - the roads are virtually pot hole free, street lamps are on through the night, the roads swept regularly and there is very little litter. Here the work is contracted out.......

Offline Grant Shapps MP

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 07:16:09 am »
Pine Grove is also terrible.. Think the buses going to Chancellors can't do any good. Likewise, trying to get onto the A1000 from Georges Wood is painful!
We received a letter from Grant Shapps a good few months ago about the later being sorted though I'm yet to see the works take place...

Just about to write to you again to let you know that this work is finally about to start. I've been on the case since I went to meet residents about it. In fact the entire section from Welham Green is to be resurfaced, including this Kentish Lane junction. Not before time!

Grant.

The following users thanked this post: Angel

Tags: