Linked Events

• Vintage Afternoon Tea Charity Gala Event: November 26, 2017

Author Topic: Vintage Event  (Read 635 times)

Offline Vintage Rose

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
Vintage Event
« on: September 25, 2017, 04:21:16 pm »
Vintage Afternoon Tea Charity Gala
Vintage Afternoon Tea on Vintage China
Vintage Music . Entertainment . Raffles . Stalls. Vintage Singer
Proceeds going to the Peter Lauer Foundation (supporting mental health projects)
linking with EMU Enfield charity, Lancaster Road registered charity no 1096105
100% funds will be going towards supporting a weekly art/art therapy class to be
held at the EMU site for mental health patients. Future projects will be the provision
of food hampers. (www.emugroup.org.uk)
This promises to be a fun event vintage style.
TICKETS 15 pre-book only by email kimr04[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk
North Mymms Memorial Hall 3-6pm 26 November 2017

Edited: only to disguise email address
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:25:41 am by Angel »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Vintage Event
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 11:32:47 am »
This dropped through our letter box this morning.  But I couldn't find a link to or any information about the Peter Lauer Foundation. And as for "the Venus Charity supporting vulnerable adults" I found a link but not sure it's the right one (https://www.venuscharity.org). Perhaps the organisers could clarify and share the correct links so anyone wanting to support the event knows who will benefit. Thanks David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Vintage Rose

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 01:00:16 pm »
This dropped through our letter box this morning.  But I couldn't find a link to or any information about the Peter Lauer Foundation. And as for "the Venus Charity supporting vulnerable adults" I found a link but not sure it's the right one (https://www.venuscharity.org). Perhaps the organisers could clarify and share the correct links so anyone wanting to support the event knows who will benefit. Thanks David

Hello
I have now put a link in so people can see what we are doing.
The Peter Lauer Foundation is a new charity - linking up with EMU Charity Enfield 100% funds will be going towards
setting up an art/art therapy group for mental health patients. I have set this up after the recent death of my brother
who was schizophrenic and also suffered from cancer and heart problems. Often schiziphrenia patients have no family/friendship links due to the nature of the illness and many struggle with poverty and isolation. Many of them
have heightened sense of creativity and artistic talent. Monies will go towards art materials initially and also food hampers for the most needy. This will be monitored and linked to the Enfield Mental Health team, Silver Street, Enfield NHS.
The Peter Lauer Foundation has three trustees - all local people (one qualified nurse and counsellor, one ex social worker and myself with direct experience with two family members with schiziphrenia).

The following users thanked this post: Editor

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 01:05:56 pm »
I have now put a link in so people can see what we are doing.

Thanks for clarifying and sharing your story. Good luck with the event. David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Tags: