Author Topic: Footbridge damage  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Footbridge damage
« on: March 30, 2005, 07:06:12 pm »
Take care walking over the footbridge to and from Brookmans Park station tonight. A number of the planks that make up the walls of the footbridge are lying on the path leaving a large hole directly over the high speed rail and the power lines.

I've spoken to National Rail and reported the problem and they say they will send someone down there to fix the fence tonight. In the meantime take extra care when walking across the footbridge.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Largey

• Opinions on many things
Re: Footbridge damage
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 07:45:40 pm »
Well spotted David, you could have saved someone's bacon...... :o

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 09:02:08 am »
Thanks to the Network Rail engineers who came out last night and fixed the bridge. The number to ring to report damage is 08457 11 41 41
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 05:52:57 am by Editor »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 11:22:13 pm »
Credit where credit is due.

I rang Network Rail at about 5:30pm last Friday to inform them that more holes had appeared in the sides of the footbridge. I also mentioned that there was a lot of litter and graffiti around the station and car park area (the station land and trackside is Network Rail's responsibility. The station building and platforms is WAGN's).

I walked past about 90 mins later - Network Rail had already sent a van out to do a temporary repair on the bridge.

Within 24 hours, they had returned and done a proper job boarding it up.

3 days later, they had returned again, and removed the graffiti from the bridge.

Job well done - Although my opinion of the train operating company remains the same, Network Rail have got up a LOT in my estimentation!

[I did also enquire about litter etc around the rest of the station area, and was told that would be tackled in the next 28 days]

(quick note - the telephone number above is wrong - that is WAGN customer services who are, IMHO, useless. Network Rail's telephone number is 08457 11 41 41. That number is manned 24 hours a day, as opposed to WAGN's which is more or less office hours only)
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 05:52:18 am »

Network Rail's telephone number is 08457 11 41 41. It is manned 24 hours a day, as opposed to WAGN's which is more or less office hours only.

Thanks James, I have altered the number above .

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 07:14:09 pm »
I see another couple of footbridge fence panels are missing tonight. Probably not worth reporting this time and getting the repair crews out because the gap is not over the rails. This seems to be a regular occurrence at the moment.

:-\

Tags: