Author Topic: Kids playing on the street is it legal?  (Read 2605 times)

Offline rj

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
Kids playing on the street is it legal?
« on: March 12, 2005, 02:47:35 pm »
Hi

I'm a newbie to this forum and would like to know is it illegal for kids to play on the street?

e.g. playing football - ball constantly hitting cars and running in to gardens etc.

If it is illegal then could some one send me some information which I can present to the childrens parents.

Many thanks

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Kids playing on the street is it legal?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 02:59:19 pm »
Hi rj, welcome to the forum.

You might want to read the information contained on the Hertfordshire police BaseStation site, which is set up to advise young people on what behaviour is acceptable and what is not. Click here for the relevant page. There is also a list of numbers for the local youth crime reduction officers. Click here for that information.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline rj

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 03:00:37 pm »
Thanks for your quick prompt reply.  Thanks for the links i'll have a look at them.

Offline jet

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 03:49:16 pm »
While they are being painfull in the street at least they are not doing ones head in when one is in ones back garden.
Seriously its pointless speaking to the parents because if they cared the nuisance would not be happening.
As for the police a look at the police procedure confirms that they can do what they like when they like including crime,.
A sad state of affairs which we all suffer because of the bleeding heart liberal attitude foisted upon decent citizens by the do gooders.
Grade A! rant,
regards,
jet

Tags: