Author Topic: Father and Son Camp 2002  (Read 3904 times)

Heliczer

Father and Son Camp 2002
« on: May 21, 2002, 10:49:32 pm »
What a fantastic time was had by all at the Father and Son Camp in Tolmers Wood, Cuffley last weekend, despite the poor weather the first evening!

It was my first experience of such an event and I would like to send my thanks and appreciation to James and Lem for the superb dedication and organisation throughout.  ...Sorry about the sausages on Sunday Morning  :D

« Last Edit: May 21, 2002, 11:00:51 pm by James_Bentall »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Father and Son Camp 2002
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2002, 12:32:48 pm »
Well said! We had a fab time. Everyone I have since spoken to has said the same. It is strange, I always dread sleeping in a cold tent in a wet field for two nights but always end up saying that it was fantastic. Such events also bring the community together. The family meal on Sunday when relatives and friends came out to join us was great. And we did get some sunshine, despite the downpour on Friday night.  8)
David Brewer
« Last Edit: May 22, 2002, 12:35:39 pm by admin »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
Re: Father and Son Camp 2002
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2002, 06:48:48 pm »
Thanks Guys - glad you enjoyed yourself. There's a short report about the weekend online here: http://www.hatfieldscouts.org.uk/2nd/group/02/fscamp.php

James
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Heliczer

Father and Son Scout Camp 03
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 03:25:03 pm »
Thanks again to James, Lem and the whole team for once again organising so well such a great event this weekend at Phasels Wood.  Everyone had a great time, and the weather held up (unlike our ears after the tenth rendition of Happy Birthday for Claire).

Those who noticed may have seen me taking many pictures and I will be forwarding a CD and a link to a webpage with the pictures to James.  I have taken some video too for those that are interested.

It never fails to astound me the enthusiasm, dedication and indeed patience the organising team puts into these events.  Once again, thanks!

Steve Heliczer
heliczer@btclick.com
« Last Edit: May 12, 2003, 06:25:20 pm by admin2 »

Tags: