Author Topic: Lost child Hatfield area  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Lost child Hatfield area
« on: June 10, 2016, 09:28:49 am »
Just in from Neighbourhood Watch...

Dear Watch Member,

Lost female child aged approx 4-5 described as mixed race and wearing a long white stripy dress - last seen briefly on Wellfield Road, Hatfield approx 0830hrs. If any sightings of child (alone or otherwise) matching this description please call 101 quoting ISR 161 of 10th June

If you need to reply regarding this message, click on this email address: fcrenquiries@herts.pnn.police.uk
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Lost child Hatfield area
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 05:40:26 pm »
Strange that there has been no further information on this from Herts Police. I've checked their site's latest news section and their twitter feed but there isn't even a mention of the incident reported via OWL this morning. Odd.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 09:24:59 am »
Posted on Facebook:
Information about this "lost child”. Message from her mother who is of different ethnic origin. They were walking to their car on the school run, (not in uniform as non uniform school day). She’s aged 6, was not lost, mother was walking very near her so she is safe and well. Wonderful that people care about safety of children, but bit of advice, please find out all facts or at least watch where the child goes before ringing and wasting police time as there time could be better spent elsewhere! No child was reported missing at all! It was the person who spotted her that rang the police! Just thought seeing as people are asking and her mother doesn't have FB I should post this.
Obviously I have no way of knowing how authentic this information is.
James

Note: Edited to remove strange code that made it hard to read.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:39:53 am by Editor »
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 11:41:32 am »
Posted on Facebook:
Information about this "lost child”. Message from her mother who is of different ethnic origin. They were walking to their car on the school run, (not in uniform as non uniform school day). She’s aged 6, was not lost, mother was walking very near her so she is safe and well. Wonderful that people care about safety of children, but bit of advice, please find out all facts or at least watch where the child goes before ringing and wasting police time as there time could be better spent elsewhere! No child was reported missing at all! It was the person who spotted her that rang the police! Just thought seeing as people are asking and her mother doesn't have FB I should post this.
Obviously I have no way of knowing how authentic this information is.
James

Thanks James, it would be great if you could provide the source for this quote via a link to the Facebook post. If it is true then I wonder why OWL sent out a message when the other police avenues for information dissemination didn't cover the story?

Tags: