Author Topic: Forum changes  (Read 2255 times)

Offline ADM

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on many things
  • Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
Forum changes
« on: March 02, 2005, 01:11:03 pm »
Ed,

Is it something to do with the new format that one is directed to the first page of the thread when one clicks on the thread title?  Or was it always that way?  Either way is it possible to change it so that people don't make this mistake?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 02:08:06 pm by Editor »

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: The End of the Shops in the Village
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 01:24:03 pm »
Is it something to do with the new format that one is directed to the first page of the thread when one clicks on the thread title?  Or was it always that way?  Either way is it possible to change it so that people don't make this mistake (Jet's not the only one, I've missed a few posts too)?

Hi ADM, welcome to the forum.

If you click on the link to a thread from the front page of the site you should be taken through to the latest post in that thread.

If you click on the link to a thread from the forum index you usually have the choice of joining it on the first page or the last (or any pages along the way).

If you click on the link to a thread from the list of latest posts at the forum index you should be taken to the latest post in that thread.

If you click on your profile and then click on the change layout and preferences option you can make changes to how posts are displayed etc.

Message me through the internal message system if you are having problems.

Regards

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline ADM

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on many things
  • Member of the Brookmans Park Newsletter Forum
Re: The End of the Shops in the Village
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 01:47:58 pm »
David,

Sorry if I didn't express myself clearly.

I use the indices every day to find the most recent posts.  So when I see in General Issues index that you have added something against 'The End of etc' that I haven't read, I click on 'The End of etc'.

This takes me to the bottom of the first page which, currently, is a pain.

I know I should now click on the little (6) or whatever the last page number is, but that means having to remember something else, and it's only been like this since the new design.  And I'm very old and a slow learner.

If I have to learn the new way, I will, but if you could make it default to the last page it would be much appreciated (and more logical).

I think you'll want to move this to the IT threads now.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Forum changes
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 02:11:52 pm »
Good plan ADM. This new forum format allows for the splitting of posts. I think I have successfully done that. The only thing I did wrong was loose your sentence about the village shops. (I split the post at the wrong point). Sorry. Feel free to make the point again.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Forum changes
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 02:13:58 pm »
By the way, if anyone else notices any flaws with the new forum please enter them here and we will add them to the to do list.

David

Tags: