Author Topic: Brookman's Park Fun Run???  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Mooniemad

• Opinions on many things
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
Brookman's Park Fun Run???
« on: June 24, 2002, 08:48:00 pm »
 At my school when I was gathering ideas. We came up with this idea of a fun run. :o The only problem is, it would be alot to organise. :( We were only intending on gaining ideas for the sixth form to do to raise money. I was wondering if anybody agreed with this being a good idea and if anybody was able to possibly take this idea further? ???
We could organise a day and make the course go round the village, possibly starting at one school and ending up at the other. At the finish there could be a medal ceremony and BBQ. This event could be used to help build bridges with new friends and also an occasion for people to raise money for their cause. Does any one think this would work?  ???

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
Re: Brookman's Park Fun Run???
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2002, 09:06:31 pm »
Excellent idea - why not try and combine it with BBC's Sport Relief http://www.bbc.co.uk/sportrelief ?

I don't think that it would be too much to organise - are there any local running clubs in the area (I have no idea!) that could help, who have experience? Why not contact the Welham Hatfield Times (01707 327551) - this would not only generate some excellent publicity, but they would have a wide range of contacts who might be able to help - the people who normally organise the annual Welwyn Garden City road race, for example.

Go for it!

james
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

chazz

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 08:05:36 pm »
It would defiinitly be fun.

but would it not have to be soon before all the schools break up for the summer holidays.

If we did it in septemebr we could not guarnatee the weather would be good.

would it be to early to organise this event towards the end of july??

I think that many people would like to join in especially if you post leaflets around the village explaining all of the details.

It would bring every one together especially the two schools parents and the local shops especially if they are willing to sponsor the event.

scykotik

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2002, 05:07:55 pm »
i would be up for it, i been wantin a fun run for quite a while, i know that if there was a gd cause that a lot of ppl would do it.

have u got a cause or do u need 1, coz i know some causes that u could do (e.g if it goes ahead, skate park)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2002, 05:08:48 pm by scykotik »

Offline anna

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2002, 08:15:38 pm »
I think its a great idea.......I'd certainly be happy to help in some way........I've never organised anything like it before, but I don't think its that hard.

Would this be open to different age groups? Could some of the older juniors from the primary school take part...........you could have different medals for different year groups.

Anyway, good luck to you, great idea........ as for raising money........I'd be careful what you promote.....if you say its for a new skate park.......you might not get as much backing from some of the older members of the community. But it could either be for two different causes, say a cancer charity, and local issues (ie, a skate park) Or the money could just go back into the schools to help update computer equipment etc...........

Anyway great idea.......might get people out there houses cheering you all on as well!

Offline Mooniemad

• Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2002, 08:39:11 pm »

I was wondering if anybody agreed with this being a good idea and if anybody was able to possibly take this idea further?
Well when I said the above I meant the idea was too much for us to organise and so I was kind of hoping some other group or person would like to take the big task on. Possibly the PTA.

chazz

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2002, 04:50:41 pm »
Could you not ask the council or headmaster of the primary school, to help organise this and we will ask Chancellors head master?

Tags: