Author Topic: Join our Fundraising Committee  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Karen K

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Join our Fundraising Committee
« on: November 26, 2015, 04:57:12 pm »
Are your children growing up and needing you less and less? Or maybe they've flown the nest and you have a lot more time on your hands?
Why not join us?

We are looking to form a new, informal fundraising committee of people who are interested in getting involved in organising a series of events and activities throughout the year, with the aim of raising money for nominated charities and having fun at the same time.

You do not need to have fundraising experience, all we are looking for is enthusiasm and the willingness to muck in and help out where needed.

If you are interested, do get in touch.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: Join our Fundraising Committee
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 05:15:22 pm »
We are looking to form a new, informal fundraising committee of people who are interested in getting involved in organising a series of events and activities throughout the year, with the aim of raising money for nominated charities and having fun at the same time.

Hi Karen, welcome to the forum.

Is this a local group raising money for local charities? Has it got a name? Is there a website or Facebook page? Will the events be held locally to Brookmans Park? How do people get in touch with you?

David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

The following users thanked this post: Alex

Offline Karen K

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 07:07:51 pm »
Hi,

Yes we are based in BP and we haven't decided on the charities at the moment, it will be up to all the members to choose. We have no name and no Facebook page, because we don't exist yet, but hopefully that will all come!

I thought that people could contact me by sending a PM but now you've pointed this out, I can see that is not possible, so I can be contacted on 07879 205485.

Thanks

Karen

Offline Mermaid

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on everything
  • Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 08:49:25 pm »
Have you considered joining Brookmans Park Rotary Club? They do lots of fund-raising for charities - local, national and international, organise great days and evenings out and have good fun doing so. They have numerous events in Brookmans Park, including the forthcoming Christmas tree 'switch on' on the 5th December in the village centre, see link here:

http://www.brookmans.com/forum/index.php/topic,5222.msg39187/topicseen.html#new

The following users thanked this post: Editor

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 09:28:59 pm »
Have you considered joining Brookmans Park Rotary Club? They do lots of fund-raising for charities - local, national and international, organise great days and evenings out and have good fun doing so.

Makes sense to me, why not join forces with Rotary who are already heavily and successfully engaged in such activities?
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Karen K

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 08:55:55 am »
Thanks, I have been to Rotary a few times and yes they do great stuff, but it was all the formalities that go with Rotary that I didn't really like, so thought I would try to organise something a bit more informal.

Tags: