Author Topic: Barking Dog Nuisance - How many of us are affected and what can we do about it?  (Read 3808 times)

Offline Bedlam

• Opinions on many things
How many of us are affected by the blight of local neighbours' barking dogs and suggestions as to
 what can we do about this nuisance would be welcomed?

I intend to buy a 'Dog Bark Stopper' -  ULTRASONIC-DOG-BARK-STOPPER-STOP-BARKING-DOGS
it emits a sound only audible to dogs and is activated by their barking.

I will notify the offending dog's owner of my intentions before activating the device.

Some may say I'm cruel hearted but the real offender is the dogs owner who abandons it, thus causing it's distress by isolating it in their own back garden.

How many others are affected by neighbour's barking dogs?

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Some may say I'm cruel hearted but the real offender is the dogs owner who abandons it, thus causing it's distress by isolating it in their own back garden.

I wonder if it's worth talking to the dog warden at Welwyn Hatfield first just in case the action you propose causes more distress for the dog. It might be being neglected and need attention. Here is the link for the dog warden service. http://www.welhat.gov.uk/dogwarden
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Bedlam

OK, will do

Offline Bedlam

All good advice, but how many of us are affected by the blight of local neighbours' barking dogs and suggestions as to what can we do about this nuisance would be welcomed?

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
... suggestions as to what can we do about this nuisance would be welcomed

Have another look at the link I sent yesterday. That contains suggestions which might be worth considering. Relevant paragraph copied below and below that the link to the site again.

Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Offices - Dog warden service
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Chungdokwan

• Opinions on some things
  • Forum Member
Even if it does work, which seems unlikely, I very much doubt that it will penetrate a brick wall let alone a fence. And if you have a cat in close proximity, the cat may be affected by the noise because they have acute hearing too. And what about bats? They enjoy statutory protection and have excellent high-frequency hearing. Disturbing them wouldn't be a good idea and they'll all be on first name terms with Count Dracula so the consequences for you could be dire.

May I suggest noise cancelling headphones or perhaps a pair of Dr Dre's with Snoop Doggy Dog on full blast. You could have a whole pack of braying werewolves next door and you wouldn't hear a thing. Or, radical as it may sound, why not simply complain to your neighbours about the Dog bedlam, Bedlam, and ask them to do something about it?

Good luck.

Offline Bedlam

Re - Barking dogs that blight our neighbourhood.
The owners of these dogs must know the distress their dogs are going through by being left cooped-up alone, hence the continuous barking.

Poor dogs, so much distress is being caused to them, their nerves must be shredded.

What astounds me is that these dogs are not properly walked or exercised , but left to crap in their own gardens.

FFS - there's acres of fields around here less than 400 yards away

Offline Alex

• Forum Member
What a load of rubbish!
Keep them under control or don't have them.
NOBODY should suffer dogs being a nuisance.

Offline Ferdie

• Forum Moderator
  • Opinions on most things
  • BP born and bred
I have removed a post this evening from this thread which included a personal insult. Please note that this is a village forum, not a place to trade personal insults or profanities. Some other comments are near the mark and will be removed if further complaints received. The Moderators have had complaints from other users already and we will not hesitate in removing persistent offenders who break forum rules. Please keep subjects on topic and avoid insulting others. Thank you.

The following users thanked this post: Mermaid, Editor, ADM, Nimbus

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
I have removed a post this evening from this thread which included a personal insult. Please note that this is a village forum, not a place to trade personal insults or profanities.

Thanks Ferdie.

The following users thanked this post: Mermaid, Nimbus

Tags: