Author Topic: No longer receiving alerts  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Local Walker

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
No longer receiving alerts
« on: September 11, 2015, 03:49:49 pm »
Anyone else having the same proble? I am no longer receiving alerts abouts topic replies and I think this may have been happening for the past couple of months.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
Re: No longer receiving alerts
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 03:58:05 pm »
Anyone else having the same proble? I am no longer receiving alerts abouts topic replies and I think this may have been happening for the past couple of months.

Hi Local Walker, if you click on your profile tab, then the 'modify profile' link, and then the 'notification' link you can check your settings there. You can choose to receive notifications of topics you reply to. It might be that a recent forum upgrade (we upgrade it quite often when new security patches are released) wiped out previous settings. David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Local Walker

• Opinions on many things
  • Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 04:43:16 pm »
I've just checked my notification settings and everything is as it should be. They have not been wiped.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 08:49:19 am »
Update: We are still trying to get to the bottom of the notification issue. I am sorry it's taking a long time to fix. Has anyone else noticed that they are not getting notifications for topics they are following or for personal messages? If you log in and see you have personal messages but have not received email alerts, or if threads you have been following have been updated and your notification request has not worked, please let us know by posting here. We are hoping that the next upgrade of the forum to one with a mobile-friendly format might help. Fingers crossed. David
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 10:37:47 am »

I think we have fixed the problem. Please let me know if things work again. I have sent you a personal message so you should receive an email notification. David

Tags: