Author Topic: Skatepark?!  (Read 11658 times)

scykotik

Skatepark?!
« on: June 23, 2002, 04:41:04 pm »
OK! This poll is coz im just wonderin if there are any other skaters who really care if there is a park built and wat residents feel

chazz

Re: Skatepark?!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2002, 07:11:55 pm »
UI think that we should get a skate park.
It will keep the teenagers and children busy and out of the way of people who dont like the teenagers hanging around the village because they think it is disrespectfull.

I know that many people would like a  skate park. even if it is just one of those massive ramp thingys!!

They dont take yup much rom and they cant cost that much for the council, would there be any big fuss if people wanted 2 get a skate ramp?

scykotik

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2002, 09:22:55 pm »
it depends where it is built, it may be built in gobians (aint certain) so that may get trashd by townies. it aint gettin built next 2 BMX track as its 2 hard for some ppl 2 get 2.
problem (i been told) is that the council is old ppl who wouldnt really like this sorta thing, then theres the problem of money raisin (ARGHH!!!). but if enough ppl want it, theres a better chance itl get built!!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2002, 09:27:13 pm by scykotik »

Offline Mooniemad

• Opinions on many things
  • Brookmans Park Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2002, 11:15:45 pm »
 scykotik I take it you don't think much of townies? You seem to always put them down for blame them or things.
so that may get trashd by townies.
Well I have seen a number of incidents where another social group has been in the wrong. As it happens I have seen Grebos do as much damage as I have seen townies especially at vandalism.

chazz

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2002, 08:18:02 pm »
can this be mentioned in a council meeting about having this.
I'm sure adults and children can help have the money raised for this so the council will not be sending any money.

It would also be nice if it could be specifically placed in brookmans park becuase i dont know anyone in welham green who likes skateboarding. Brookmans park children and teenagers are becoming more enthusiatic about skateboarding but have no where tp practice.

If the skate board ramp/park was to be placed in the open field in gobions by the park it would be suited for all ages and helpfull to parents. (young children play in the park teenagers skate).

If your thinking ''not another item to be destroyed by graffitti'' i can asure you that wont happen because many people will be using it so therefore looking after the ramp.

Please can people on the council consider this idea and make a suggestion to the other committe memebers.

i promise you many people will help raise money for this event.

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
  • Keep :-)
    • Brookmans Park Newsletter
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2002, 08:40:02 pm »
Chazznit

I was speaking to teenagers in Welham Green about this last weekend - you're right - the ones I spoke to had no interest in Skateboarding at all. Motorbike track yes - skateboarding no!

I have put a proposal into the council meeting, which is next Wednesday 3rd July asking for permission to put a half pipe on Gobions, and will wait and see what they say.

There are many sources which I have been given in the local area which would be good places to try and raise funds from, so hopefully if/when permission is granted it shouldn't be too much trouble. We'll see though.

Watch this space....

James
James Bentall, Brookmans Park, Herts.
I post in a personal capacity and not on behalf of North Mymms Parish Council

scykotik

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2002, 08:45:42 pm »
well done james,

moonie mad, sorry bout puttin down townies, just had bad experiences with em, and... well.... just how ppl i hang out with treat em.

last point. SKATEBOARDIN RULZ

Offline aqueous transmission

• Opinions on some things
  • liquid communication ... simple really
    • digitalblasphemy
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2002, 01:40:01 am »
hmm, things seem to be looking on the up... :P

-aqueous
'to obtain a bird's-eye is to turn a blizzard to a breeze'

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2002, 03:09:42 am »
They were  :(

I spoke to my parish council bod tonight. It's gonna take a bit longer to get permission - it first of all has to go before the Amenities Board (that's the one I knew about) and then if approved there it then has to go before the full council before I can get permission to go ahead or not. That's not until the 31st July unfortunately, so I won't get an answer until the beginning of August.

Grrrrrrr - I love local democracies in action  :-\

James

chazz

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2002, 05:44:06 pm »
When looking at the votes for the skat park i noticed that a someone has mentioned that they dont want the skate park built near them?

why is that? what is wrong with it, if its in gobions then it will not effect anyone.

chazznit

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2002, 06:18:21 pm »
Chazz, I am confused.  You seem to be disagreeing with yourself here.  First you posted this ...
When looking at the votes for the skat park i noticed that a someone has mentioned that they dont want the skate park built near them? why is that? what is wrong with it, if its in gobions then it will not effect anyone.
chazznit

and later posted this ...

Chazz
In Gobians there is a thing called nature. Many in the village believe it would be best to leave it as it is.

Why are you arguing with yourself?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2002, 06:20:31 pm by admin »
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

Offline Mooniemad

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2002, 08:10:22 pm »
 Forum Admin,
 I can explain what has happened. The computer at school had made an error and because I had used the same computer as chazz. For some reason it got the passwords muddled up on the school internet system. At the time we did not notice the mistake, so thanks for pointing it out. I posted the second one bout nature.

scykotik

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2002, 08:30:56 pm »
i understand that wat u describe as nature exists there, it is after all a park, but it is also a recreational area and is a perfect area for a skatepark

Offline Bob Horrocks

• Opinions on everything
  • Expertises:
  • Green Belt
  • Parish Council
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2002, 04:13:53 pm »
The Parish Councillors are not teenagers but they are concerned about all age groups in the area.  They do not have a lot of cash to spend, and have just authorised a big outlay to upgrade the 3 tennis courts at Welham Green this month.  Never having been to a skatepark, can you tell me if it is different from the BMX track recently improved at the Youth & Community Centre?  That is only a short walk from Brookmans Park, and no further from the village green than Gobions.

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2002, 05:38:10 pm »
Bob - it's completely different :)

And just in case you're wondering, it wouldn't work having a skate board park at the Youth Centre. Whilst it doesn't take long to cycle there, in terms of going there by skateboard it would take much longer from most parts of the village. That's why I'm trying to do something on Gobions. Have to wait and see what the Amenities Commitee say at their parish council meeting tonight...

James

chazz

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2002, 07:25:56 pm »
That last message that was ment to have been  posted by me was not me.

i think someone knows my password. which im going to try and change.

sorry about the confusion.

chazz x

Offline Editor

• David Brewer
  • Administrator
  • Opinions on everything
    • Media Helping Media
  • Expertises:
  • Media consultant
  • Journalism trainer
  • Walking
  • Real ale
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2002, 07:31:45 pm »
Chazz, if you have a problem changing your password mail [u]forum@brookmans.com[/u] and I can do it for you.  Always be sure to close your browser completely as well as logging out when you are in a public place.
The Brookmans Park Newsletter has been supporting the village and our local community since 1998 by providing free, interactive tools for all to use.

scykotik

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2002, 09:11:36 pm »
The Parish Councillors are not teenagers but they are concerned about all age groups in the area.  They do not have a lot of cash to spend, and have just authorised a big outlay to upgrade the 3 tennis courts at Welham Green this month.  Never having been to a skatepark, can you tell me if it is different from the BMX track recently improved at the Youth & Community Centre?  That is only a short walk from Brookmans Park, and no further from the village green than Gobions.

i realise james has covered this, but i just want 2 argue with this comment. But as i have already commented on (in a diferent forum) that the money is not an issue, that is somethin that we can deal with once the permision has been given. The diference between a skate park and a BMX trak, u should realise wat that is!!! the bmx trak is just dirt, skate park is ramps and grindin rails and concrete and stuf

Offline Mooniemad

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2002, 01:21:03 am »
 The skatepark however will gain interests from not only skateboarders but also squad skaters, inliners and bmx.

scykotik

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2002, 11:32:24 am »
exactly

Offline James Bentall

• Opinions on everything
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2002, 01:51:53 am »
Just to let ppl know, the parish council discussed putting something like a skate park somewhere around Gobions last Wednesday (apologies for not posting since then - I've moved house which kinda used a lot of time up).

They didn't outrightly say no, which is good, but they didn't outrightly say yes either. What they want to see is more detailed plans and ideas about the sort of thing that ppl would like to see there, estimated cost (Applying for the lottery for this would be a good idea I think), how big it would be etc, etc, etc. I'm going to go away and do a bit of research about prices etc of things, and also have a look at other local skateparks to see what they've got there - aparantely there's a very good one at St Albans.

If anyone knows the location of any other skateparks in the local area, please let me know where they are - like wise if anyone has any ideas etc - let's hear them.

The Parish Council wasn't too keen to have anything built on the main field they own at Gobions (the one where the kid's swings etc are), rather at one of the smaller fields they own at the side. I'm not too sure which one they mean, but will post here when I have found out.

James

scykotik

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2002, 01:56:32 pm »
cheers james for doin that man.

The one in st albans is well good and is called the pioner, there are smaller ones like alround the place, the smaller ones bein the size we will most likely get (if any). bigger would be better!!!

chazz

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2002, 04:08:37 pm »
James

Thank you very much for purtting the idea forward for us. It is much appericted.

Once you have found out some research please can you expalin them on thjis site.

Thank you again
chazz

Offline katydodd

• Opinions on a couple of things
  • katy
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2003, 09:31:49 pm »
i know that this has nothing ti do with me but i think that if a skatepark is to be built then it should be in the car park of the station because noone really uses it
This is who i am if you don't like it then lump it

John_fraser

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2003, 11:26:04 pm »
I think you'll find it is used a lot and that the people who's houses back onto it would object.

Offline Alfred the Great

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2003, 12:36:28 am »
You be careful now Katy, don't cut yourself now......
Confucius he say "a dog is for life not just for Christmas Dinner"

Tags: